- Created new Environment in PowerApps and a new database in trial mode
- System says licensing is:
- When creating a new data integration project I select an on-premises DB2 (on iSeries) or Oracle database. I fill in the connection information and assign the same gateway we use for Power BI.
- After clicking 'Next' to go to the next step from the credentials screen, the wizard stalls for a loooong time before going to the next step.
- When the next panel opens it take 5-10 minutes before anything happens in the database tree pane on the left.
- For our local DB2 it will eventually 'hang' or give the error "The evaluation could not be finished". (This DB2 database as lots of libraries/schemas with countless tables.)
- For our local Oracle server the system will eventually display the screen in attachment. An ABC123 icon is shown with 'Oracle Database ' next to it, but no tables, no previews, nothing. When clicking on this icon no table list is shown. It simply does not react.
The server on which the local gateway is running also hosts our ADF integration runtime. Both the ADF IR and Power BI gateway are in use and the services can reach the same servers without any issues. We use them daily for reports or data copy activities.
Only PowerApps seems to choke on them.
I installed all possible Windows updates on the server (Windows 2016) and updated the Power BI Gateway to the december 2018 version 3000.0.265.
Nothing stands out in the Event Log.
Any help on how to solve this is much appreciated.
Could you please share a bit more about the error message on your side?
Do you mean that no table or data displayed when you use Power Query to retrieve data from your Oracle DataBase?
I have made a test on my side, and don't have the issue that you mentioned. The screenshot as below:
Please check if you have chosen a proper On-premise Data Gateway when you create a connection to your Oracle DataBase using PowerQuery.
Please take a try to clear cache of your browser, and then try it again, check if the issue is solved.
You could also consider take a try to create a DB2 connection and Oracle Table connection within an app, then check if the issue still exists.
If the issue still exists, please consider take a try to remove the DB2 connection and Oracle Table connection from your PowerApps Connection Sets, then re-create a new connection to them. After that, please re-create a Data Integration project within your PowerApps Admin Center, check if the issue is solved.
If the issue still exists, please consider take a try to submit an assisted support ticket through the following link:
@v-xida-msft, @Anonymous, I am sorry for the delay, some other urgent things came in between.
Today I decided to follow your instructions and start the connections again. I restarted from scratch:
1) Logged into PowerApps online
2) Removed the old test environment
3) Created a new environment. When asked to create a database I did. Got an error message that I do not have enough rights. That was odd, but maybe I was too quick and the environment was not fully functional yet. Retried it after a few minutes and now the PowerApps Environment has a database. On the environment details in the PowerApps admin center it now says "Instance version 220.127.116.118"
4) For the DB2 database I used the the screen PowerApps -> Data -> Connections. The connection was added and accepted. Status is 'Connected in the connections screen.
When adding this source to a blank canvas app and trying to select a table, an error occurs: "The tables did not load correctly. Please try again." A detail link is provided and that shows:
"message": "The operation failed due to an explicit cancellation. Exception: System.Threading.Tasks.TaskCanceledException: A task was canceled.\r\n at ...."
Please note that I did not cancel the operation myself.
5) For the Oracle database I created a blank Canvas app and made the connection from within the app designer using the "+ new connection" button. This connection to the DB itself succeeds, but selecting a table is problematic. Only the first 50 or so tables are shown. When I use the query box it is impossible to find tables further down the alphabet. (If I close the app designer and go to the connections info, the database status is 'Connected'.)
I am using an existing Power BI "On-premises Data Gateway" that is functioning fine. Version is 3000.0.265 (december 2018).
I just noticed that I forgot to switch to the new test environment when going to the scripts above. They were hence done in my default environment, where I did not create a CDM database yet. Hence I cannot create an integration app either.
When trying to create the same blank canvas apps from the new test environment, I cannot connect to the data because my data gateway is not available in that environment. Strangely enough, when using the test environment and creating a new integration project, the gateway IS listed. When using it, the wizard simply does not show any tables after showing the behaviour listed in my first post. See also the screenshots attached to my original post.
- When creating an integration project the gateway of my default environment is shown, but it does not function. When using a blank canvas app the gateway is not there to select.
- When running in my default environment I can select from a limited amount of tables for an Oracle on-prem database, but the connection to the DB2 errors out.
Any tips/solutions are welcome. Thanks.
Learn how to create your own user groups today!
Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!
Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.