Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
helphelp
Helper II
Helper II

Others cannot see the image in my power apps

Hi all,

I saved my images using excel table.

It successfully shown on my screen, both edit screen and play screen.

I shared the edit permission of my excel and photo images to others. However, it fails to shown on others user account. 

other's screenother's screen

Is there any thing wrong with my power apps? I have been struggling in this issues for 1 months😥.

Thank you

12 REPLIES 12
WarrenBelz
Super User
Super User

Hi @helphelp ,

Where is your Excel table located and how have you shared it? Also I assume the other users are on PCs (not mobile devices)

helphelp
Helper II
Helper II

Hi @WarrenBelz ,

My Excel Table is located in one drive. I shared it by entering their email address. Other users are on PCs.

@helphelp ,

Go into Manage Access (just below where you share) the Advanced and add the permissions in there.

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

Visit my blog Practical Power Apps

WarrenBelz
Super User
Super User

Hi @helphelp ,

Just checking if you got the result you were looking for on this thread. Happy to help further if not.

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

@WarrenBelz 

I tried the method you mentioned but still not yet success. I was wondering is that the limitation of using excel as the data source.

Hi @helphelp ,

There are many limitations with Excel including working with anything over 2,000 rows and Dates in particular (although generally sharing with the method I posted works fine). If you have access to SharePoint, I strongly suggest you use it.

helphelp
Helper II
Helper II

Hi @WarrenBelz ,

So when you connect the data with SharePoint, others can still successfully see the images in your power apps? Cause I saw others in the community saying that using Sharepoint as the data source and their images also do not shown in other user's account. 

Hi @helphelp .

Please have a read of this blog of mine on the various options of storing and viewing images in SharePoint. I can assure you that anyone with access to the List or Library can view images.

@WarrenBelz 

if my image is post in a gallery view, will it work?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

May UG Leader Call Carousel 768x460.png

June User Group Leader Call

Join us on June 28 for our monthly User Group leader call!

PA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

This training provides practical hands-on experience in creating Power Apps solutions in a full-day of instructor-led App creation workshop.

PA.JPG

New Release Planning Portal (Preview)

Check out our new release planning portal, an interactive way to plan and prepare for upcoming features in Power Platform.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (3,131)