cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Outlook 365 connector - Calendar event and adding users to current event.

All,

I have an event registration PA I am building and currently the user can self register and when doing so the app will create a calendar event as a required attendee. My question is management of the event (in case of cancelling or time change) my thoughts are:

1. Let Event admin create event and thus create a "container" event"
  2. User would then self register and be added to the "container" event as a required attendee.

That way the event admin can control the calendar "container" event and if need be cancel or send updates. I can create the event and can patch the event(using the ID) but I am thinking it would not recognize the event "container" ID in the patch method since the user did not create it? Has anyone attempted this? Any thoughts are welcome and greatly appreciated.

FYI. Shared calendar might work, however most registering for an event are non technical users and would involve support calls to add the shared calendar to their O365 Outlook instance.

Thanks,

Hank

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: Outlook 365 connector - Calendar event and adding users to current event.

Hi @HankHepler3M ,

Do you want these Event admin created events to be shown up in these Users' Calendar?

Regarding the needs that you mentioned, I afraid that there is no way to achieve your needs in Power Apps. Currently, the Office365Outlook.CalendarGetTablesV2() action could only get normal Calendar tables from current sign in user's account, it could not list these shared Calendars.

In addition, the Office365Outlook.V4CalendarGetItems() action could only retrieve events from the Calendar table of current sign in user, it could not retrieve these events created in other user's Calendar table.

So the end users could not retrieve these events created in the Event Admin's Calendar. If you would like this feature to be added in Power Apps, please submit an idea to Power Apps Ideas Forum:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Power-Apps-Ideas/idb-p/PowerAppsIdeas

Please also check and see if the following thread would help in your scenario:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Building-Power-Apps/Display-Shared-not-personal-calendar-in-Powe...

Regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @HankHepler3M ,

Do you want these Event admin created events to be shown up in these Users' Calendar?

Regarding the needs that you mentioned, I afraid that there is no way to achieve your needs in Power Apps. Currently, the Office365Outlook.CalendarGetTablesV2() action could only get normal Calendar tables from current sign in user's account, it could not list these shared Calendars.

In addition, the Office365Outlook.V4CalendarGetItems() action could only retrieve events from the Calendar table of current sign in user, it could not retrieve these events created in other user's Calendar table.

So the end users could not retrieve these events created in the Event Admin's Calendar. If you would like this feature to be added in Power Apps, please submit an idea to Power Apps Ideas Forum:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Power-Apps-Ideas/idb-p/PowerAppsIdeas

Please also check and see if the following thread would help in your scenario:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Building-Power-Apps/Display-Shared-not-personal-calendar-in-Powe...

Regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Thanks Kris.. I was thinking this was the case, I will take a look at the thread you mentioned and see if any new ideas to handle this pops up!

Thanks,

Hank

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Find your favorite faces from the community presenting at the Power Platform Community Conference!

Watch Now

Experience what’s next for Power Apps

See the latest Power Apps innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (7,072)