cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Outlook 365 connector - Calendar event and adding users to current event.

All,

I have an event registration PA I am building and currently the user can self register and when doing so the app will create a calendar event as a required attendee. My question is management of the event (in case of cancelling or time change) my thoughts are:

1. Let Event admin create event and thus create a "container" event"
  2. User would then self register and be added to the "container" event as a required attendee.

That way the event admin can control the calendar "container" event and if need be cancel or send updates. I can create the event and can patch the event(using the ID) but I am thinking it would not recognize the event "container" ID in the patch method since the user did not create it? Has anyone attempted this? Any thoughts are welcome and greatly appreciated.

FYI. Shared calendar might work, however most registering for an event are non technical users and would involve support calls to add the shared calendar to their O365 Outlook instance.

Thanks,

Hank

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
v-xida-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

Do you want these Event admin created events to be shown up in these Users' Calendar?

Regarding the needs that you mentioned, I afraid that there is no way to achieve your needs in Power Apps. Currently, the Office365Outlook.CalendarGetTablesV2() action could only get normal Calendar tables from current sign in user's account, it could not list these shared Calendars.

In addition, the Office365Outlook.V4CalendarGetItems() action could only retrieve events from the Calendar table of current sign in user, it could not retrieve these events created in other user's Calendar table.

So the end users could not retrieve these events created in the Event Admin's Calendar. If you would like this feature to be added in Power Apps, please submit an idea to Power Apps Ideas Forum:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Power-Apps-Ideas/idb-p/PowerAppsIdeas

Please also check and see if the following thread would help in your scenario:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Building-Power-Apps/Display-Shared-not-personal-calendar-in-PowerApp/td-p/437102

Regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-xida-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

Do you want these Event admin created events to be shown up in these Users' Calendar?

Regarding the needs that you mentioned, I afraid that there is no way to achieve your needs in Power Apps. Currently, the Office365Outlook.CalendarGetTablesV2() action could only get normal Calendar tables from current sign in user's account, it could not list these shared Calendars.

In addition, the Office365Outlook.V4CalendarGetItems() action could only retrieve events from the Calendar table of current sign in user, it could not retrieve these events created in other user's Calendar table.

So the end users could not retrieve these events created in the Event Admin's Calendar. If you would like this feature to be added in Power Apps, please submit an idea to Power Apps Ideas Forum:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Power-Apps-Ideas/idb-p/PowerAppsIdeas

Please also check and see if the following thread would help in your scenario:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Building-Power-Apps/Display-Shared-not-personal-calendar-in-PowerApp/td-p/437102

Regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Kris.. I was thinking this was the case, I will take a look at the thread you mentioned and see if any new ideas to handle this pops up!

Thanks,

Hank

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

Power Query PA Forum 768x460.png

Check it out!

Did you know that you can visit the Power Query Forum in Power BI and now Power Apps

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

PowerPlatform 768x460.png

Microsoft Learn

Check out our new Discover Your Career Path blog post series and get all the details.

Users online (2,913)