Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JamesOxton
Helper II
Helper II

Outlook Calendar Access

Hi, 

I'm trying to make an APP that will reference a certain number of calendar's of Engineers, if they are available then it will add their name to a dataset so users running the app can select them.  Whats the best way of doing that?  Is it possible to get a flow to run and build the dataset on the fly?

Thanks

James

9 REPLIES 9
v-micsh-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @JamesOxton,

I don't think this is avaialble.

Accessing Calendar information is available under PowerApps & Microsoft Flow, but it is only available to get the calendar information for the Offiec 365 Outlook connection (bound with credentials) added.

For the Outlook 365 Outlook connection, check:

Office 365 Outlook

Referencing the Calendar of other users would require PowerApps to use the connection based on the corresponding user credentials, but currently PowerApps only allows one connection at a time when building the app, there is no way to switch the connection information after the app building.

This is the same under Microsoft Flow.

Regards,

Michael

Community Support Team _ Michael Shao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi Michael,

If the user had read only access to the all Calendars is it not possible to get the PowerApp to check a different user?

Thanks

James

No, that is not possible.

The issue here should not only be related with the permission, but also the storage.

Calendar is stored under MailBox storage of each user, only the Exchange Online Admin and the user himself have the permission to View/manage the data stored there.

If a user would like to check another user's Mailbox information, it would require full permission assigned by the Exchange Admin.

There is no read permission that could be managed here.

Check the following article:

Accessing other people's mailboxes in office 365

Further, under PowerApps, the connection is based on user credentials, so once the connection is added, the app is only available to get data from the mailbox of the corresponding user, there is no way that I am aware of to access other user's Mailbox.

Regards,

Michael

Community Support Team _ Michael Shao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Sorry for going over this again but just to clear it up in my head...

My login has access to all calendars in my organisation as read only so I can see if people are free or not....(same for all users)

Your saying that if I run my login to the powerapp I can't get that to check a calendar like I can in Outlook and see if the person is busy or not and then based on that information add them to a sharepoint list?

Because a user doesn't need full permission to check a calendar if they have been given permission directly to the calendar, it doesn't matter that the Mailbox lives above the calendar thats exactly how it works within our organisation...

However if there is no way to do it that way, is it possible to create a list of users based on if they are a member of a certain group?  IE look inside group a all members of group are writen to a sharepoint list?

Thanks

James

anyone any ideas?

I have a similiar question: I'd like to know if certain collegues are busy at the moment, so ideally I could refence them by email and see if they have a Calendar event at this exact moment. Is this possibile with PowerApps?

bean
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

@v-micsh-msft 

Can you please follow up the last comment by @JamesOxton. I am in the same boat.

Cheers!

Sean

Hi @Niels9001

Did you find a solution to your question? I'd be interested in this as well.

Here's what I've done, just today: We have a generic account in Office 365 that we use for stuff like this, called global, and a few users have shared their Outlook calendar with it. I had to log into Outlook as global to accept their sharing offers, but after that I can retrieve the users' calendars in my app which uses global's credentials for the Outlook connector. 

Strangely, I'm not seeing all events when I use the app. I haven't figured out what is going on.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MBAS Attendee Badge

Claim Your Badge & Digital Swag!

Check out how to claim yours today!

secondImage

Demo Extravaganza is Back!

We are excited to announce that Demo Extravaganza for 2021 has started!

MBAS on Demand

Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions

On-demand access to all the great content presented by the product teams and community members! #MSBizAppsSummit #CommunityRocks

Power Apps June 2021

June Power Apps Community Call

Don't miss the call this month on June 16th - 8a PDT

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (47,081)