cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Outlook connector issue

Dear all,

I'm currently having and issue with one App I have been developing. Somehow it has created a connection with Outlook (not O365, just normal Outlook). I really haven't such connection. I did though made a connection with Outlook365 just yesterday. So, I'm affraid it might be related, but I don't know how.

I have shared the app with some colleagues and they are have tried to use the app using a desktop web-browser.

The problem is when they try to open the app, it requires them to sing-in Outlook (it also requires other authorization such a SharePoint and Outlook 365, which are automatically signed-in, so no problem on it). When they try to sign-in they get a notification that their account doesn't exist, that outlook connection only accept individual accounts.

You can see it doesn't make sens they need to use any individual MS account to use a company app.

I went inside the app editor and find the connector. I deleted the connector "Outlook" leaving still there Outlook 365. Still the app keeps asking to sign-in Outlook. And now, even for edition, I get that request. Fortunately as owner I can reject that request and still edit the app, but the end users they are kicked-out from the app if they don't sign-in Outlook.

I haven't try to remove the Outlook 365 connection as so far that it doesn't seems to bring problems, and I actually want to keep it for future development on the app.

I hope some of you can help on this. I really don't know how to move forward, meanwhile the app is unusable.

Regards

14 REPLIES 14
v-xida-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

Based on the issue that you mentioned, I suppose that you created a connection to Outlook.com connector rather than Office 365 Outlook connector.

The user @Msiadmin has faced similar issue with you, please check my response within the following thread:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Building-Power-Apps/Microsoft-account-doesn-t-exist/td-p/489200

When you create a connection to Outlook.com connector, you should sign in with your personal Outlook account (personal Microsoft Account) rather than Office 365 account (Azure Microsoft Work or School Account).

Please check the following article for more details:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/connectors/outlook/

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous ,

Have you taken a try to remove the Outlook.com connection from your canvas app?

On your side, you should take a try to remove the Outlook.com connection from your canvas app as below:

1.JPG

then re-publish your app, then run your app again, check if the issue is fixed.

Best regards, 

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi 

That connection doesn't exist. Just in case I saved and re-publish the app. The app is still requesting the users to log-in Outlook.com with a personal account. If the users reject, the app kick them out from the app.

Do you know about any other solution?

Regards.

I'm having the same issue. 

Using Office 365 connector, no Outlook.com connector in the app/flow.
When I or my users attempt to launch/edit the app, it prompts for Outlook.com connector log-in.
I even went into the global connectors, and deleted the Outlook.com connector.  It does not exist in our instance (as far as I can see).

Save/publish app, still getting Outlook.com log-in prompt. Absolute blocker on this project. 

StevenZ
Frequent Visitor

I'm experiencing the same problem! The Outlook connector doesn't exist in my app project, but somehow, the published app ask the user to sign in to Outlook as one required connection.

Then user tried to use company email account to sign in, then it will prompt them "Microsoft account doesn't exist" since Outlook expects a personal account.

It is not only annoying, but users now can't use the App at all.

Any help please!!

bruce365
MVP

I had this issue too and I was able to resolve this by exporting the app as a zip package, opening up the app json file and deleting the connectors reference (it was still in there). I saved it app, re-zipped and imported and it worked 

StevenZ
Frequent Visitor

To provide an update, I found out there is a embedded flow in my app which requires the Outlook connection. After removing that flow (since it is no longer needed), the app doesn't require Outlook connection anymore.

Was it a flow reference or something else, I am looking in the references\DataSources.json file and I do not see the outlook connector, is it in another file? And what does it look like?

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Welcome Super Users.jpg

Super User Season 2

Congratulations, the new Super User Season 2 for 2021 has started!

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,611)