Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
HeihoSilver
Helper I
Helper I

Overlap Combobox Dropdown

Hi,

I have an expanded Combobox drop down which overlap the limit of the browser size (please see the attachment for better understanding).

In the Combobox, there are more list which actually located on the very bottom in the expanded dropdown which cannot be shown or chosen. User can type in the search box but not ideal if they want to see all the list. The list is only 20 records (I don't think this is a delegation issue). 

I tried to play around with the Combobox's height and the location to make it either expanded up or expanded down.

However, if I want to stick with the position of the box (since there are other form already in the suitable position), Is there any way to limit the length of the dropdown so it will not overlap the canvas/browser?

best regards,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
rimatos
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @HeihoSilver ,

Currently we have a very limited number of display customizations that can be done on a combobox control. This is not supported to adjust the height of the chevron display items. One workaround that I can think of that could help would be further reducing the top and bottom padding  of the combobox and the font size in order to further attempt to reduce this.

If you think this needs to be added as a functionality, please create an idea on the forum or up-vote if already created.

Hope this Helps!

Regards,
Ricardo

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
rimatos
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @HeihoSilver ,

Currently we have a very limited number of display customizations that can be done on a combobox control. This is not supported to adjust the height of the chevron display items. One workaround that I can think of that could help would be further reducing the top and bottom padding  of the combobox and the font size in order to further attempt to reduce this.

If you think this needs to be added as a functionality, please create an idea on the forum or up-vote if already created.

Hope this Helps!

Regards,
Ricardo

Hi @rimatos ,

Thank you for the reply. I tried to play around with the font size and also the top and bottom padding, but no consistent result have been produced.

The only available solution up until now is to relocate the Combobox location to either higher or lower position in the canvas in order to accommodate the expanded list.

I have voted-up to already existing idea. Thanks.

Kind regards,

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,486)