cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rhysy
Regular Visitor

PDF Viewer Dead?

As of some time yesterday, PDF Viewer has just stopped working. It won't display any PDF, just shows page 0/0 if i enable the controls. It functions to some extent because it doesnt display "Couldn't open PDF file" so it must know the path that I give it is valid. It cant even display the SamplePDF default file! Is anyone else seeing this? I have tried 2 different Office 365 tenants and still have no luck. Have also created a completely fresh app that just has a PDF viewer in it, and still nothing.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
v-qiaqi-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Rhysy,

Yes, the PDF viewer is indeed broken temporary in the latest version of PowerApps.

ou should roll back to your older version. 

Open the app as normal. Select Settings, Support and you will see your app version. Below that, there is an Edit link with a pencil icon. From there, you can choose version 3.21081.49 and reload. You must do this every time you want to open.

In a word, open your latest version of the new app and changed version to 3.21081.49 and all is well. 

Best Regards,
Qi

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
v-qiaqi-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Rhysy,

Yes, the PDF viewer is indeed broken temporary in the latest version of PowerApps.

ou should roll back to your older version. 

Open the app as normal. Select Settings, Support and you will see your app version. Below that, there is an Edit link with a pencil icon. From there, you can choose version 3.21081.49 and reload. You must do this every time you want to open.

In a word, open your latest version of the new app and changed version to 3.21081.49 and all is well. 

Best Regards,
Qi

View solution in original post

Rhysy
Regular Visitor

Thansk Qi!

QPC
Helper III
Helper III

We have same problem.. But its running after downgrade powerapps version..

Pls fix this bug..

Miro

LarsCJensen
Advocate I
Advocate I

Yes I can confirm this is well. We've had contact with support who couldn't provide any solution, and hardly acknowledged it as a problem. 

Downgrading version fixed the issue, but hardly a long term solution. 

WillPage
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

Where can I look for updates to this problem? I have applied the temporary fix but I'd love to know when it's back to normal as soon as that happens.

Well, guess that's a bit difficult since it's to my knowledge not addressed by Microsoft anywhere. However, Released versions for Power Apps - Release Notes | Microsoft Docs my be a good place to keep an eye on.

JoepTh
Frequent Visitor

Same issue here.

Rhysy
Regular Visitor

Latest from support:

Going forward, the next deployment of the app version should address the PDF viewer control.

sydgrrl
Advocate I
Advocate I

Once this issue was discovered, it should have been prioritized and worked on immediately. Can we get an update on when this will be fixed?

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,838)