cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rhysy
Regular Visitor

PDF Viewer Dead?

As of some time yesterday, PDF Viewer has just stopped working. It won't display any PDF, just shows page 0/0 if i enable the controls. It functions to some extent because it doesnt display "Couldn't open PDF file" so it must know the path that I give it is valid. It cant even display the SamplePDF default file! Is anyone else seeing this? I have tried 2 different Office 365 tenants and still have no luck. Have also created a completely fresh app that just has a PDF viewer in it, and still nothing.

17 REPLIES 17
VeeR

This issue is not solved. This is a workaround, not a resolution. 

Could we please have an update on when this will be fixed?

Are we looking at days,  weeks or months?

dmitcha1
Frequent Visitor

Thank you, we did an update last night and lost the pdfviewer today, and this information helped. However, just now, installing another update, the pdfviewer has loaded in the current recommended version of PA 3.21084.23.

rodelski
Helper I
Helper I

is it still dead? currently working on a doc library with viewer but PDF still not showing up. Any new fix to this? thanks

No, it's working well again. Just use it and it will do the job.

hi @JoepTh , yeah but for some reason mine doesnt. any ideas? my app version is 3.21123.25. not sure if that matters or if that causes it. thanks in advance.

rodelski_0-1643307801765.png

@JoepTh also, seems that its related to our sharepoint site. Any settings I need to check? thanks again

JoepTh
Frequent Visitor

I used Reza's implementation and it works great: https://youtu.be/vqK29FWbLxU.

Even in PA version 3.22013.7.

@JoepTh yep almost there...but cant make it work if my PDFs are buried in subfolders. can please help? thanks and appreciate it

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Difinity Conference 2022

Difinity Conference 2022

Register today for two amazing days of learning, featuring intensive learning sessions across multiple tracks, led by engaging and dynamic experts.

European SharePoint Conference

European SharePoint Conference

The European SharePoint Conference returns live and in-person November 28-December 1 with 4 Microsoft Keynotes, 9 Tutorials, and 120 Sessions.

Power Apps Ideas

Changes to Ideas Coming

We are excited to announce a new way to share your ideas for Power Apps!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,405)