cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Helper II
Helper II

PDF Viewer (PDF Size restrictions?)

I'm trying to use the PDFviewer to display forms.  I suspect my issue is one of the following:

1.  PDF File Size?

2.  Azure Blob permissions

I can copy the URL that was created by logic app, and navigate to resource without issue in a browser.  Yet when I attempt to define the Document property of the pdf viewer, it states that it "Couldn't open PDF file".  When I click the "open in my browser instead",  it navigates without issue.  

I've successfully used the PDF Viewer historically using flow.  In this case i'm trying to grab the URL (weblink created through logic app) from file properties in sharepoint. 

Thoughts?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @KUNGFUPANDA559 ,

Since PDF viewer use pdf online, so this has no size limit.

Yes, permission is a problem. Only if you have permission that pdf, then you could view it in powerapps.

Pdf viewer also has these limitations, please check:

1) support only HTTPS links, not HTTP.

2)The Document property must link directly to the PDF file. Server redirects or HTML views of the document aren't supported.

3)The server that hosts the document must not require authentication.

4)You may not be able to view a PDF document in your app if the document resides on a server that has restrictive cross-origin resource sharing (CORS) settings. To resolve this issue, the server that hosts PDF documents must permit cross-origin requests from powerapps.com.

Here's  a doc about this connector for your reference:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/canvas-apps/controls/control-pdf-viewer

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Phoebe Liu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @KUNGFUPANDA559 ,

Since PDF viewer use pdf online, so this has no size limit.

Yes, permission is a problem. Only if you have permission that pdf, then you could view it in powerapps.

Pdf viewer also has these limitations, please check:

1) support only HTTPS links, not HTTP.

2)The Document property must link directly to the PDF file. Server redirects or HTML views of the document aren't supported.

3)The server that hosts the document must not require authentication.

4)You may not be able to view a PDF document in your app if the document resides on a server that has restrictive cross-origin resource sharing (CORS) settings. To resolve this issue, the server that hosts PDF documents must permit cross-origin requests from powerapps.com.

Here's  a doc about this connector for your reference:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/canvas-apps/controls/control-pdf-viewer

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Phoebe Liu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Forgot to configure CORS for a new resource group (Doh!)  Thanks @v-yutliu-msft 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

News & Announcements

Community Blog

Stay up tp date on the latest blogs and activities in the community News & Announcements.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Community Highlights

Community Highlights

Check out the Power Platform Community Highlights

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (9,893)