cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
OB11
Frequent Visitor

PDF Viewer and static web enabled storage account

I am trying to display PDFs hosted in a static web enabled storage account in an canvas app. When I set the PDF viewer document property to one of the hyperlinks, the viewer remains grey for about 10 seconds, before changing to the "Couldn't open PDF file; open in my browser instead". 

The PDFs are accessible publicly/anon and can be downloaded via browser without issue. 

Static web is enabled on the account:

OB11_0-1647650190926.png

PDFs are uploaded to the $web container and have the content type of 'application/pdf'

There are no network restrictions on the storage account:

OB11_1-1647650555309.png

CORS is not configured/used.

So far I've only found generic information around the pdf viewer - e.g. only HTTPS links are supported, does not support auth or redirects, etc. Nothing specific to static web / storage accounts.  Majority of info seems to relate to people hosting PDFs on sharepoint which isn't relevant.

Does anyone know how the storage account should be configured to allow this to work?

1 REPLY 1
OB11
Frequent Visitor

Gave up on this and just used launch() instead.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps News & Annoucements carousel

Power Apps News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Apps community.

Community Call Conversations

Introducing the Community Calls Conversations

A great place where you can stay up to date with community calls and interact with the speakers.

Power Apps Community Blog Carousel

Power Apps Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (6,638)