cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tiago_Aparicio
Regular Visitor

PDF Viewer was working just yesterday - Not anymore

Hello everyone,

So as of yesterday (25/08/2021) (dd/mm/yy) my app used the PDF Viewer, together with a gallery connected to Sharepoint, and everything was working properly. I used the Appres server method to render the files into the Pdf Viewer. This worked for Word, Ppt and Excel files, as well as PDF (although it required a few tweaks to this method).

Today, since the update of PowerApps to version 3.21083.28, it stopped working. I tried creating a brand new PowerApp to test the PDF Viewer with the default SamplePdf, and even the SamplePdf doesn't load.

However, if I use the latest published version of my PowerApp, which was still under PowerApps version 3.21081.49, everything is still working just fine. So my guess here is something changed in the PDF Viewer component. I tried to look into the version changelog, but the only information offered there is that there were 80 something bugs solved, no detail whatsoever.

Please, if anyone had a similar problem or can't also use the PDF Viewer as of today, please share your experience.

Thank you very much.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
steve_hendy
Resolver I
Resolver I

A workaround for this issue is to publish your App using a previous version of PowerApps.

https://powermaverick.dev/2020/08/03/authoring-version-in-canvas-apps/

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
mate_toth
Resolver I
Resolver I

Hi @Tiago_Aparicio , I have the exact same issue, works under 3.21081.49, but doesn't under 3.21083.28.

steve_hendy
Resolver I
Resolver I

Same issue stopped working for me on 26-8-2021.

steve_hendy
Resolver I
Resolver I

A workaround for this issue is to publish your App using a previous version of PowerApps.

https://powermaverick.dev/2020/08/03/authoring-version-in-canvas-apps/

Yes, that method works, reverted to older Dev version and now I can edit again and it works. Thank you very much! Still, let's hope this control gets back to work again as it did in next versions. 

Thank you for sharing your experience!

Thank you for sharing your experience!

sasigouru
Advocate I
Advocate I

Looks like it’s resolved in 3.21085.24. I managed to render the PDF from a document library. However, my app’s crashing when the screen is pinched to zoom instead of +/- in the control. I know it’s an experimental feature. So, I’m not keeping my hopes high to use this for now:)

I would like to report pdf viewer works ok in version 3.21094.25

steve_hendy
Resolver I
Resolver I

Authoring version is here now... 

steve_hendy_1-1636454133693.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps News & Annoucements carousel

Power Apps News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Apps community.

Power Apps Community Blog Carousel

Power Apps Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,582)