cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
zdenko_zahorec
Advocate II
Advocate II

PDF Viewer

Hi, Does anyone know how to import PDF to Powerapps (media or collection).
According to Microsoft docs one should be able to :
"App makers can work around these limitations by including PDF documents as media resources in the app. That way, the PDF Viewer control can always show the document."
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/canvas-apps/controls/control-pdf-viewer.

When I try to add pdf to Powerapps media i get error message. One my coleague tried to import pdf file content to a collection via MS FLow, but got error from PDF Viewer control that document should come from a 'https'.
Any ideas?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
timl
Super User
Super User

Hi @zdenko_zahorec 

I think there's a problem with PowerApps Studio in that the Media section doesn't allow you to upload PDFs/documents. The way I was able to work around the problem was to rename my PDF file with a JPG extension (ie, I renamed my PDF file to myPDF.jpg). This enabled me to use the file upload feature in File > Media.

image.png

From there, I was able to view my document by setting the Document property of the PDF Control to myPDF.

image.png

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
timl
Super User
Super User

Hi @zdenko_zahorec 

I think there's a problem with PowerApps Studio in that the Media section doesn't allow you to upload PDFs/documents. The way I was able to work around the problem was to rename my PDF file with a JPG extension (ie, I renamed my PDF file to myPDF.jpg). This enabled me to use the file upload feature in File > Media.

image.png

From there, I was able to view my document by setting the Document property of the PDF Control to myPDF.

image.png

View solution in original post

v-xida-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @zdenko_zahorec ,

Do you want to import PDF files into your app?

I agree with @timl 's thought almost. Currently, within PowerApps, the Media functionality only support uploading media files, e.g. image file, audio file, and video file. We could not use this functionality to upload PDF files directly.

On your side, you need to convert your PDF file into a image file via renaming your PDF file's name, "PowerApps.pdf"--> "PowerApps.jpg", then you could upload it using Media functionality. Set the Document property of the PDF Viewer control to the image file.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
zdenko_zahorec
Advocate II
Advocate II

Hi @timl , @v-xida-msft 
Thank you for your help. 
It work fine.

Regards, 

Zdenko

Thanks!

What software was used to make the multi-page pdf display in a single jpg file?

Great. Thanks for the workaround idea. it worked for me. Great help.

Thank You!

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

secondImage

Power Apps Community Call

Please join us on Wednesday, October 20th, at 8a PDT. Come and learn from our amazing speakers!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Welcome Super Users.jpg

Super User Season 2

Congratulations, the new Super User Season 2 for 2021 has started!

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,932)