Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Naps
Helper I
Helper I

PDF viewer doesn't work

Hi,

I'm trying to use the PDF viewer but it simply doesn't work. I tried the example in the Docs (https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/canvas-apps/controls/control-pdf-viewer) but this doesn't work. All it does is show the pdf controls and a grey background.

I have also tried following the instructions on this page: https://masteroffice365.com/viewing-pdfs-from-sharepoint-within-powerapps/

My flow has the correct string (or at least I think it has, power automate is horribly designed and doesn't show the full string as output put if save the same string to a file, the file opens correctly) but again the pdf viewer only shows a grey screen.

If I try to see what powerapps is receiving from the flow by putting the var I'm writing the output from the flow to in a label, all it shows is something like appress:blogmanager/... instead of the actual string.

I've also followed this (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ut0g7hsWoC4) video and the result is the same. All I get is the grey screen. 

Naps_0-1630911872299.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
mate_toth
Resolver I
Resolver I

Hi @Naps

Unfortunately, it's a known issue for the last 1-2 weeks. It doesn't work with the current Authoring version.

Please follow the link for a temporary fix:

Current, temporary fix by @v-qiaqi-msft 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
mate_toth
Resolver I
Resolver I

Hi @Naps

Unfortunately, it's a known issue for the last 1-2 weeks. It doesn't work with the current Authoring version.

Please follow the link for a temporary fix:

Current, temporary fix by @v-qiaqi-msft 

View solution in original post

@mate_toth 

Thanks, I created a new app, downgraded to the version in the link and now my pdf is opening.

Unfortunately it seems that my existing apps have a dependency somewhere that causes errors when selecting a older version. Not sure what though as Powerapps doesn't provide any error information other than the session ID...

Do we have any idea when MS plans to fix this?

RobotPauw
Regular Visitor

Is there any progress on this issue. The PDF viewer is still not working for me. 

shivam38
Advocate I
Advocate I

Hello @Naps  there is one way to do this like you can store pdf file in a collection and show this collection in a gallery and add a button to view this file . and also you need to make sure you have given its document property to the same as the gallery.selected so that it can get to know which file is to be viewed 

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Power Apps Community Call Jan. 2022 768x460.png

Power Apps Community Call

Please join us on Wednesday, January 19th, at 8a PDT. Come and learn from our amazing speakers!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,000)