Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mpezzutti
Helper II
Helper II

PDF viewer not reading from blob storage

Hello Everyone

I was wondering if someone can help me . I have a PDF file which is uploaded to the Blob storage.

I want to view the pdf using the PDF viewer control

Currently I cannot view it

Below is the code that I am using in the Document property

"https://slrtestzzzzzz.blob.core.windows.net" & "ABC.pdf" & "?sv=2019-02-02&st=2021-02-11T03%3ABC3D"

Thank you so much

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Pstork1
Dual Super User III
Dual Super User III

The Power Apps PDF viewer can only display PDFs from anonymous access sources.  It has no provision for doing authenticaton.  Blob storage would normally be an authenticated location.  Did you set the Blob storage to be accessible anonymously?  If not you'll need to use Flow to generate a temporary copy of the file in memory and display it from there.  Here's a walkthrough that may help.

How to Use PowerApps to View PDFs - Step 1 (centricconsulting.com)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

ChrisPiasecki
Super User
Super User

Hi @mpezzutti,

The PDF Viewer control has some limitations in that the endpoint for the PDF must not require authentication.

To get around this, you can add a Power Automate button flow to the PowerApp to retrieve the Blob content using the Get Blob Content action of the Azure Blob Storage connector.

The example below demonstrates a similar process to view a PDF from SharePoint, but the steps should be very similar.

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Webinars-and-Video-Gallery/Real-World-PowerApps-How-to-view-Shar...

---
Please click Accept as Solution if my post answered your question. This will help others find solutions to similar questions. If you like my post and/or find it helpful, please consider giving it a Thumbs Up.

2 REPLIES 2
Pstork1
Dual Super User III
Dual Super User III

The Power Apps PDF viewer can only display PDFs from anonymous access sources.  It has no provision for doing authenticaton.  Blob storage would normally be an authenticated location.  Did you set the Blob storage to be accessible anonymously?  If not you'll need to use Flow to generate a temporary copy of the file in memory and display it from there.  Here's a walkthrough that may help.

How to Use PowerApps to View PDFs - Step 1 (centricconsulting.com)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

ChrisPiasecki
Super User
Super User

Hi @mpezzutti,

The PDF Viewer control has some limitations in that the endpoint for the PDF must not require authentication.

To get around this, you can add a Power Automate button flow to the PowerApp to retrieve the Blob content using the Get Blob Content action of the Azure Blob Storage connector.

The example below demonstrates a similar process to view a PDF from SharePoint, but the steps should be very similar.

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Webinars-and-Video-Gallery/Real-World-PowerApps-How-to-view-Shar...

---
Please click Accept as Solution if my post answered your question. This will help others find solutions to similar questions. If you like my post and/or find it helpful, please consider giving it a Thumbs Up.

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,544)