Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
User237
Helper III
Helper III

PDF viewer phone layout.

Hi all,

I am new to powerapps. Now i am creating a pdf viewer in my app.

below is the screen1 for the app.

screen1screen1

I have used ONEDRIVE connection for my PDF app. In the refresh button i have created flow to read the files names which are present in the folder.

Now i need to show the pdf file in the screen2 which user selected in the screen1.

can anyone help me to write formula for the screen2.

Thanks,

with regards,

user237.

3 REPLIES 3
v-siky-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi  @Sumaira ,

PDF files stored in OneDrive for business can't be displayed directly on the PDF Viewer control since this control only supports the PDF files without any authentication, however the files stores in OneDrive/SharePoint Library does need Authentication, so this way doesn't work.

Here is an alternative workaround requires MS flow by Http request, which is a bit of little complicated but effective. Please learn from this video for details.

Sik

Hi @v-siky-msft ,

Thanks for your reply.

Can we acheive this in any other way? like using the other connections(SFTP, File System or etc.,).

I have tried by giving the connection using both SFTP and File Sytems.

I have mentioned the path for that connections. In that folder 1 excel sheet and 3 pdf files are present.

when i am trying to add data source it was showing only excel sheet but the other 3 pdf files are not showing.

In the search also it shows only " Choose excel file". how to change the selection of files.

with regards.

user237.

Hi @User237 ,

Sorry, I'm afraid not. File Systems connector is to read from and write to files, but the file must be the data table, so only excel sheet can be found.

The solution I recommend to you to get PDF files by using HTTP Request in flow is by far the most efficient or even the only one available.

Sik

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Welcome Super Users.jpg

Super User Season 2

Congratulations, the new Super User Season 2 for 2021 has started!

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Users online (1,192)