cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Reply
jdfort
Regular Visitor

Param based form not loading gallery

I'm building a safety auditing app which uses the SQL Server connector.  I pass the ID of a completed inspection to a user in an email via Flow.  https://web.powerapps.com/webplayer/app?InspectionID=12&appId=%[intentionally deleted].

 

The form loads the correct safety inspection off of the FacilityInspection table so I know that the parameter is being read in correctly.  Elsewhere on the form I have a gallery for signatures.  An inspection can have one or more signatures so it's a separate table.  I have a foreign key in SQL set to FK_FacilityInspectionID on my signature table to associate it to the FacilityInspection's ID.  

 

For my gallery of signatures I am attempting to set the items property to 

Filter('[dbo].[Signature]',FK_FacilityInspectionId=Value(Param("InspectionId"))).  

 

When the email goes to the user it loads the correct inspection on the form, but all the signatures are missing.  

 

What I've tried so far:

  • Hardcoding a value into Filter command for the FacilityInspectionId - works and loads the signatures.
  • Inserting a label with the value of Value(Param("InspectionId"))) -- works, correctly shows the parameter number.  I had to use the Value command because otherwise it complained about a type mismatch.

What I think is happening

  • The items property isn't the right place to run my filter command & load the data
  • Perhaps the gallery needs its own separate command to query the database first? 

I'm at a loss as to what it might be that's preventing the signatures from loading based of my passed parameter.   

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jdfort
Regular Visitor

Well.. how humbling.  

 

It turns out that I solved this myself and the reason the problem happened was that I made a silly mistake in not capitalizing the foriegn key in the param lookup.  I mistakenly assumed that Param("InspectionID") was the same as Param("InspectionId").  Once I capitalized it the problem went away.  

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
jdfort
Regular Visitor

Well.. how humbling.  

 

It turns out that I solved this myself and the reason the problem happened was that I made a silly mistake in not capitalizing the foriegn key in the param lookup.  I mistakenly assumed that Param("InspectionID") was the same as Param("InspectionId").  Once I capitalized it the problem went away.  

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps News & Annoucements carousel

Power Apps News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Apps community.

Community Call Conversations

Introducing the Community Calls Conversations

A great place where you can stay up to date with community calls and interact with the speakers.

Power Apps Community Blog Carousel

Power Apps Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (5,205)