cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DCNehs
Post Patron
Post Patron

Parameter to specific screen and form

i was finally able to get my parameter working and the link in the email opens directly to a specific entry, but i'm also trying to have a parameter that i can use so that i can have a link on a modern page for a manager to click on it to go directly to the Manager Screen, but it keeps taking me to the wrong screen.    I've been watching videos and trying different things but no matter what i keep getting the same outcome. ANy ideas what I'm doing wrong?

Set(varEntryID, Value(Param("CurrEntryID")));

If(varEntryID <> 0, Set(varCurrentRecord, LookUp(EngMoveChecklist, ID = varEntryID)); EditForm(FormNew);Navigate(ScreenNew);ScreenTransition.Fade);

Param("DeepLink") = "Manager",Navigate(scnManagerScreen)

3 REPLIES 3
BCBuizer
Super User
Super User

Hi @DCNehs ,

I'm not sure what you are doing, so it's hard to say what is going wrong 😄

Try:

App.StartScreen = If(Param("Deeplink")="Manager",scnManagerScreen)

Did you like my post? Please give it a thumbs up! Did I resolve your issue? Please click Accept as Solution to close the topic and so other members of the community can find solutions more easily.
DCNehs
Post Patron
Post Patron

I want to use a parameter which will take people directly to the item when they click on the link in the email.  This i have working

I'm also trying to have a parameter that i can use so that i can have a link on a modern page for a manager to click on it to go directly to the Manager Screen, but it keeps taking me to the wrong screen.   

Below is what I'm trying to use. 

Set(varEntryID, Value(Param("CurrEntryID")));

If(varEntryID <> 0, Set(varCurrentRecord, LookUp(EngMoveChecklist, ID = varEntryID)); EditForm(FormNew);Navigate(ScreenNew);ScreenTransition.Fade);

Param("DeepLink") = "Manager",Navigate(scnManagerScreen)

I tried this and it's still taking me to the wrong screen

App.StartScreen = If(Param("Deeplink")="Manager",scnManagerScreen)

BCBuizer
Super User
Super User

Hi @DCNehs ,

Can you please share a screenshot when showing the App.StartScreen property? Perhaps there's a typo somewhere, because the syntax are correct.

Did you like my post? Please give it a thumbs up! Did I resolve your issue? Please click Accept as Solution to close the topic and so other members of the community can find solutions more easily.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps Africa Challenge 2022

Power Apps Africa Challenge

Your chance to join an engaging competition of Power Platform enthusiasts.

Super User 2 - 2022 Congratulations

Welcome Super Users

The Super User program for 2022 - Season 2 has kicked off!

September Events 2022

Check out all of these events

Attend in person or online, there are incredible conferences and events happening all throughout the month of September.

Government Carousel

New forum: GCC, GCCH, DoD - Federal App Makers (FAM)

In response to the unique and evolving requirements of the United States public sector, Microsoft has created Power Apps US Government.

Users online (2,648)