cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JensWesterlund
Frequent Visitor

Parameters to Power Apps tab in Teams does not change when switching between Teams

Hello, 

We have a problem with parameters passed to a Power Apps app embedded in several different Teams as a tab.

The problem is that the parameters are passed correctly to the app the first time it is opened in a Team, but if you then switch to another team and open the app in that tab then Teams pass the same parameters as the first launch even though the tab is configured to pass different values.
If I press the icon to open the app in the browser the app opens there with the correct parameters.

I have tried several different ways of adding the app, as a Teams-app from the catalogue, both added manually and via Graph API, and as a powerapps tab manually added. With my own parameters (when added via Graph API) and the standard parameters that Teams passes automatically to the app and I get the same behaviour.
First time an app is opened in a team the parameters gets passed correctly, but when I then go to another Team and open the app again the parameters from the first Team gets passed to the app.
If I close down Teams and then open the app first in anothe Team the correct parameters for that Team are passed.

I can only see that this must be a bug in Teams, or am I missing something?
Has anyone else come across the same problem or has anyone gotten this to work?

10 REPLIES 10
saradj

Hi,

I think I still have the same issue, did the patch fixed it for you ? Is someone at Microsoft able to confirm that the patch has been released by now ?

Thanks

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps News & Annoucements carousel

Power Apps News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Apps community.

Community Call Conversations

Introducing the Community Calls Conversations

A great place where you can stay up to date with community calls and interact with the speakers.

Power Apps Community Blog Carousel

Power Apps Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (5,558)