cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Super User
Super User

Parent.Default does not work on DropDown

I am just venturing into the world of SQL instead of SharePoint.  My first issue:

1. I have form based on the SQL Table - all good

2. I put a Dropdown in one of the Datacards with a text field.

3. I set its Default to Parent.Default - It does nothing

4. The items property matches the parent.default exactly,  but the dropdown does not change to it. 

Is this an SQL thing?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: Parent.Default does not work on DropDown

Hi @leyburn19 ,

Have you solved your problem?

Yeah, you are correct. Currently, within PowrApps, you could use Trim() function to remove the extra spaces within a Text string value.

If you have solved your problem, or the solution I provided above could help in your scenario, please go ahead to click "Accept as Solution" to identify this thread has been solved.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @leyburn19 ,

Could you please share a screenshot about the issue?

Could you please show more details about the formula you typed within the Items property of the Dropdown box?

I have made a test on my side, and don't have the issue that you mentioned. The screenshot as below:

1.JPG

Please make sure the Items property of the Dropdown box contains the default value you specified within the Dropdown box. Also please check if you have added the Dropdown box inside the specific data card within the Edit form rather than outside the Data card.

If the issue still exists, please set the Default property of the Dropdown box to following:

ThisItem.FieldName

Note: Use ThisItem.FieldName formula to replace the Parent.Default

Also please make sure the Parent.Default formula returns a proper value within your app as below:

2.JPG

Best regards,

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Highlighted
Super User
Super User

I found the problem.  It was do with the SQL server records having trailing spaces in teh data.  When I used TRIM() it all worked fine. 

Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @leyburn19 ,

Have you solved your problem?

Yeah, you are correct. Currently, within PowrApps, you could use Trim() function to remove the extra spaces within a Text string value.

If you have solved your problem, or the solution I provided above could help in your scenario, please go ahead to click "Accept as Solution" to identify this thread has been solved.

Best regards,

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
secondImage

Demo-Extravaganza 2020

Check out these cool Power Apps & vote on your favorite!

secondImage

Robotic Process Automation

Let's talk about the solution provided by Microsoft for Robotic Process Automation (RPA)

secondImage

Community Highlights

Check out whats happening in Power Apps

secondImage

Community User Group Member Badges

FIll out a quick form to claim your community user group member badge today!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (6,027)