cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
USER290599
Frequent Visitor

Parent.default does not work from a textinput that depends on a combobox

Hello!!,

I have a textinput that has as default Combobox.selected.Displayname and depends on a combobox that has a usersearch by mail in items and Parent.Default as defaultselecteditems.

I want to integrate in the default field of the textinput Combobox.selected.Displayname into a Parent.default text value so it is now independent.

Hopefully you may help me find a solution.

6 REPLIES 6
v-qiaqi-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @USER290599,

Could you please tell me that:

1. how you set the Items property of the Combo Box?
  2. is there a column corresponding to the Combo Box, tell me the column type, is it Person?

Not clear about you scenario, I could only assume something to give a try.

Assume that there is a form. A Person column corresponding to the Combo Box.

In my scenario, set the Combo Box Items as below:

Office365Users.SearchUser({searchTerm:ComboBox2.SearchText})

Set the DefaultSelectedItems:

ThisItem.PersonColumn

Set the Default of the Text input:

ThisItem.PersonColumn.DisplayName

Regards,

Qi

Best Regards,
Qi

Hi @v-qiaqi-msft,

1. My Items property for the combo box is set as:

Office365Users.SearchUserV2({searchTerm: Self.SearchText}).value

2. There is a Sharepoint list where I have a single line of text type column for the Email corresponding to the Combo box and in defaultselecteditems is set as:

{Value:ThisItem.Column}

3. My Textinput now looks for the name of the person and save it depending on what my Combo box selects as email and is set on default property as:

ComboBox.Selected.DisplayName

When I want to retrieve data it only shows me the email since the Combo box has the ThisItem.Column

but I want to have also the ThisItem.Column2 from the Textinput since in the SP list it has its own single line of text type column.

Hope I was able to explain myself

Regards.

Hi @v-qiaqi-msft the column type is single line of text for both the combo box and Textinput in SP.

Pstork1
Dual Super User III
Dual Super User III

The Textinput box can only hold a single line of text and not an object.  So it can be either DisplayName or Email, but not both.  If you have two SharePoint columns, both set for Single Line of Text you could save one as ComboBox.Selected.DisplayName and the other as ComboBox.Selected.Email.  But there is no way to save both in a single line of text field or a Textbox other than Concatenating the two values in some way.  If you do that you won't be able to use them to set the default of the ComboBox in the future.

What are you trying to accomplish?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

HI @Pstork1,

I have a list in SP, for the combo box I have my defaultselecteditems as Employee.Email and I have another column in SP for my Textinput as Employee.Name.

Since my default property for the Textinput is Combobox.Selected.DisplayName, I want to find a way to make that default property named as Employee.Name and still display the name of the employee as I select a single item (email) in the Combobox.

Pstork1
Dual Super User III
Dual Super User III

What kind of column is Employee?  Is it a person/group column?  If so then DisplayName is the name of the property that represents the Name of the Employee in the column.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Welcome Super Users.jpg

Super User Season 2

Congratulations, the new Super User Season 2 for 2021 has started!

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (996)