Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AbubakrWorking
Helper I
Helper I

Pass Leaves on Year Change

Hello Community,
I have an app called Leave Management System. I have a SharePoint list in which I have all kinds of leaves and their allowed days. There is one column called Standard leaves are there are 20 allowed days for it. I also have a SharePoint list in which the remaining balance of leaves are stored for employees with leave type and employee id. Now the thing I want is that if the employee takes less than 10 Standard leaves in a year, a max of 3 leaves should be passed into the next year balance of standard leaves for that employee and should be available from 1st march of the year i.e, 20+3 =23 standard leaves from 1st of march for that employee
Any help will be appreciated. Thank you!

16 REPLIES 16
StalinPonnusamy
Super User
Super User

Hi @AbubakrWorking 

This should be Power Automate which will run the job around the end of the year which gets all employees' available leave, calculate it, and transfer it to the remaining balances SP list.

Type: Schedule Flow (Power Automate)

Frequency : Every 12 months

StalinPonnusamy_0-1635877792764.png

Thanks,
Stalin - Learn To Illuminate

Hello @StalinPonnusamy,

I don't know how to do it. Can you please guide a bit

Hi @AbubakrWorking 

Sure, I can help. Please provide your Sharepoint structure (field names and Type) that helps me to build It instead of assuming.

Thanks,
Stalin - Learn To Illuminate

Hello @StalinPonnusamy,
I have a SharePoint list for leaves taken, in which there are dates for leaves taken and there is a column named 'leave days' in which there are total leave days that an employee has requested,  and I have a separate list for carried leaves. Both the lists have employee names and emails and other details. Now the thing I want is that if the employee remaining standard leave balance is 3 or more than 3 left for the current year, the carried leaves passed to the next year for the specific employee should be 3, and if it's less than three then it should be that number. 
In the new year, the flow should create rows in carried leaves list for every employee with their carried leave balance and the year for which they are available.
Thanks!

AbubakrWorking
Helper I
Helper I

Hi @AbubakrWorking 

I was on vacation and returning today. Please let me know if you still looking solution for this.

@StalinPonnusamy  Yes I am still looking for a solution to it

AbubakrWorking
Helper I
Helper I

StalinPonnusamy
Super User
Super User

Hi @AbubakrWorking 

I will work on this solution and update you.

Thanks, Stalin (Microsoft MVP)
Blog - Learn To Illuminate Blog
YouTube - Learn To Illuminate Videos

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

This training provides practical hands-on experience in creating Power Apps solutions in a full-day of instructor-led App creation workshop.

Microsoft Build 768x460.png

Microsoft Build is May 24-26. Have you registered yet?

Come together to explore latest innovations in code and application development—and gain insights from experts from around the world.

May UG Leader Call Carousel 768x460.png

What difference can a User Group make for you?

At the monthly call, connect with other leaders and find out how community makes your experience even better.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,612)