cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
msmith
Level 8

Pass TextInput to Flow

I am trying to learn more about passing information to Flow with the send Email action. So real simple I create a form with a TextInput

I create my Flow that only has the action send email. In the body I added the "Ask in PowerApps" and then I saved it.

In PowerApps I have my button OnSelect=PowerAppssignaturebutton.Run(TextInput1.Text)

That immediately gives me "Invalid number of arguments". This is how I am seeing other people doing it in videos and other sites, so I am not sure what I am missing.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Super User
Super User

Re: Pass TextInput to Flow

Yes, you can see that your flow is expecting 2 parameters, you have to pass both. Have a look on your flow to identify which one is used and you can pass an empty string "" to the other.

Try PowerAppssignaturebutton.Run("",TextInput1.text)

Théo

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Super User
Super User

Hi @msmith

Try to have a look on the infotip that pop when you are adding your flow action to the OnSelect property on the button. It will tell you exactly which parameter(s) the flow expects. You might have updated your flow with several AskInPowerapps, resulting the flow to have multiple parameters even if you're using just one. 

Théo

msmith
Level 8

Like this?

Super User
Super User

Yes, you can see that your flow is expecting 2 parameters, you have to pass both. Have a look on your flow to identify which one is used and you can pass an empty string "" to the other.

Try PowerAppssignaturebutton.Run("",TextInput1.text)

Théo

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
Better Together’ Contest Finalists Announced!

'Better Together’ Contest Finalists Announced!

Congrats to the finalists of our ‘Better Together’-themed T-shirt design contest! Click for the top entries.

thirdimage

Power Apps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Join THE global Microsoft Power Platform event series

Attend for two days of expert-led learning and innovation on topics like AI and Analytics, powered by Dynamic Communities

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

thirdimage

Microsoft Business Applications Virtual Launch

Join us for the Microsoft Business Applications Virtual Launch Event on Thursday, April 2, 2020, at 8:00 AM PST.

thirdimage

Community Summit North America

Innovate, Collaborate, Grow - The top training and networking event across the globe for Microsoft Business Applications

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (9,676)