cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hvaughan98
Level: Powered On

Pass Value of Gallery to Data Card on Different Page

I am creating an inventory checkout and I need the item selected in the gallery to populate fields in the data card once selected. To avoid any issues of data entry I need the selected item to pass the Service Tag and item values into the checkout data card. The gallery is showing available items based on a join and filter of two SharePoint lists. The data card pulls values from one of these lists and enters the checkout information into the list. I tried doing the "gallery name".Selected in the item box of the data card and it didn't work. I'm thinking there needs to be a formula in the OnSelect of the gallery but I am not sure.  Any help would be appreciated. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Re: Pass Value of Gallery to Data Card on Different Page

Hey @hvaughan98 

1) To fetch the data from the selected item in the gallery, you need to use the expression:

Gallery1.Selected.ColumnToFetch

Here you need to replace ColumnToFetch with the name that you want to fetch.

2) Also, you can try this other way using the below configuration:

Gallery -> OnSelect -> Set(MySelectedItem, ThisItem)
Make sure, all the child elements in the gallery control have Select(Parent) as part of expression on the "OnSelect" property.

Now, on the second screen, you can use: MySelectedItem.ColumnToFetch

Hope this Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
EricLott
Level 10

The for which your data cards belong to should have a DataSource property. You can set that to Gallery1.Selected

hvaughan98

I need to have the DataSource be the SharePoint List 'Help Desk Checkouts' so it will populate the data card with the fields from the list to edit and submit. Is there another way to do it? @EricLott 

EricLott
Level 10

I'm not sure I understand. My understanding is you have a gallery of items (I'll call it ItemGallery) and a gallery for a "shopping cart" (I'll call it CartGallery). If you select an item from ItemGallery, you want to send it to CartGallery with all of the data available to it from the two joined tables, correct?

Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Hey @hvaughan98 

1) To fetch the data from the selected item in the gallery, you need to use the expression:

Gallery1.Selected.ColumnToFetch

Here you need to replace ColumnToFetch with the name that you want to fetch.

2) Also, you can try this other way using the below configuration:

Gallery -> OnSelect -> Set(MySelectedItem, ThisItem)
Make sure, all the child elements in the gallery control have Select(Parent) as part of expression on the "OnSelect" property.

Now, on the second screen, you can use: MySelectedItem.ColumnToFetch

Hope this Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

View solution in original post

hvaughan98

That was it! Thank you so much!! @yashag2255 

Helpful resources

Announcements
New Ranks and Rank Icons in April

'New Ranks and Rank Icons in April

Read the announcement for more information!

Better Together’ Contest Finalists Announced!

'Better Together’ Contest Finalists Announced!

Congrats to the finalists of our ‘Better Together’-themed T-shirt design contest! Click for the top entries.

thirdimage

Power Apps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Join THE global Microsoft Power Platform event series

Attend for two days of expert-led learning and innovation on topics like AI and Analytics, powered by Dynamic Communities

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

thirdimage

Community Summit North America

Innovate, Collaborate, Grow - The top training and networking event across the globe for Microsoft Business Applications

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (10,007)