Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bochie
Helper II
Helper II

Pass a Value from a gallery row column to a choice type column in a form

Hi All!

I hope somebody can help and this might be easy for some. I have a gallery that exactly filters to just one row from a huge SharePoint list. I added a button to the gallery and OnSelect of that button, I set a variable like this Set(varSingleRow, ThisItem).

I then use that variable to pass along values to a form that is in edit mode. I can pass along the values for single text, number and multi-line type of fields to the form, but I am not able to pass the value of a matching choice field (Fruits) from the variable to another choice field (Fruits) in the form. When I set the datacard value of the choice column in the form (varSinglerow.Fruits.Value) I get the "Expected Table value" error, which means I am not able to pass the value in the record (Fruits).

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

@Bochie ,

I assume you are talking about a Combo Box (not a drop-down). Assuming its Items are also Choices(), try this in the DefaultSelectedItems

{Value:varSinglerow.Fruits.Value}

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
WarrenBelz
Super User III
Super User III

@Bochie ,

Have you tried passing this as the Default of the control (I assume a text box) in the card?

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

Hi @WarrenBelz ,

The datatype of the input field I want to pass data to is complex and a drop-down input. Yes i tried passing it in the Default property of the field in this formula varSinglerow.Fruits.Value but I get a "Expected Record value" error. When I tried the formula in the Items property of the drop-down control, I get the error "Expected Table value".

@Bochie ,

I assume you are talking about a Combo Box (not a drop-down). Assuming its Items are also Choices(), try this in the DefaultSelectedItems

{Value:varSinglerow.Fruits.Value}

View solution in original post

@WarrenBelz ,

It is a drop down and not a combo box but I did try the formula in the DefaultSelectedItems property and it worked! Thank you sir! 🙌

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

Power Apps Community Call

Monthly Power Apps Community Call

Did you miss the call?? Check out the Power Apps Community Call here!

secondImage

Experience what’s next for Power Apps

See the latest Power Apps innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Power Platform ISV STudio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage applications post-AppSource publish.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (18,713)