cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JonathanGibbs
Resolver I
Resolver I

Pass a query parameter to a Power BI tile? (not filter parameter)

I have a PowerBI report that uses a parameterised query in SQL Server (a tabular function). I can create a parameter in PowerBI and successfully pass its value to SQL Server by modifying the query in PowerBI using Advanced Editor. When I change the parameter within PowerBI and refresh, the incoming data changes. All good.

I want to use the report in a Power App. Can I expose this parameter to the embedded Power BI tile functionality in Power Apps?

I know I can parameterise a filter by manipulating the TileURL property, but that's not the question. It looks from this that a query parameter can be passed using the syntax rp:<paramname>=<paramvalue> but I can't get that to work in the TileURL.

Before anyone asks why do this - there's some  pretty heavy lifting going on in the query which is achieved much faster in TSQL before any filtering kicks in. And yes, I could get PowerApps to write the parameters to a utility table in the database before firing the PowerBI report, and use that within the query: but this is not ideal with multiple users.

0 REPLIES 0

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Welcome Super Users.jpg

Super User Season 2

Congratulations, the new Super User Season 2 for 2021 has started!

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (1,872)