cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JonathanGibbs
Advocate II
Advocate II

Pass a query parameter to a Power BI tile? (not filter parameter)

I have a PowerBI report that uses a parameterised query in SQL Server (a tabular function). I can create a parameter in PowerBI and successfully pass its value to SQL Server by modifying the query in PowerBI using Advanced Editor. When I change the parameter within PowerBI and refresh, the incoming data changes. All good.

I want to use the report in a Power App. Can I expose this parameter to the embedded Power BI tile functionality in Power Apps?

I know I can parameterise a filter by manipulating the TileURL property, but that's not the question. It looks from this that a query parameter can be passed using the syntax rp:<paramname>=<paramvalue> but I can't get that to work in the TileURL.

Before anyone asks why do this - there's some  pretty heavy lifting going on in the query which is achieved much faster in TSQL before any filtering kicks in. And yes, I could get PowerApps to write the parameters to a utility table in the database before firing the PowerBI report, and use that within the query: but this is not ideal with multiple users.

0 REPLIES 0

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

Power Apps Community Call

Monthly Power Apps Community Call

Did you miss the call?? Check out the Power Apps Community Call here!

secondImage

Experience what’s next for Power Apps

See the latest Power Apps innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Power Platform ISV STudio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage applications post-AppSource publish.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (11,982)