Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Helper II
Helper II

Pass calue between screens

Hi,

I have 2 screens. In my screen 1 I have a dropdown form and in my screen 2 a label text.

I would like to pass the selected value (screen 1) and appear in my label text (screen 2).

I have tried the below method but it doesnt work:

In my screen 1. On my button, I used the Navigate function:

OnSelect: Navigate(ScreenTFCprogression, ScreenTransition.Fade, { ScreenTwoText: vCommodity.Selected.Value })

In my screen 2. On my label, I paste in my Text the following code:

Text: ScreenTwoText

But it doesnt work. Can anyone help me please? THANKSSS

you can also find attached some screenshots of my two screen.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

Re: Pass calue between screens

Hi @Corleone ,

Just checking if you got the result you were looking for on this thread. Happy to help further if not.

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

Hi @Corleone ,

Firstly try this - make the Default of Screen2Text (if this is the name)

vCommodity.Selected.Value

This should work if there is no value in it.

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

Highlighted
Helper II
Helper II

HI @WarrenBelz ,

It didn’t work.

stays in blank...

any other suggestion? 🙂

Thanks!

Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

@Corleone ,

Before I go further, please put a Label on the other screen with vCommodity.Selected.Value in the Text and see if you get the value you want when you select it from your drop-down. We can then look at resetting your control.

Highlighted
Helper II
Helper II

Hi @WarrenBelz ,

still not working. Please take a look at my screenshots attached.

I don't if my mistake is in the Navigation function of my button OnSelect :

Navigate(ScreenTFCprogression, ScreenTransition.Fade, { label6: vCommodity.Selected.Value })

Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

@Corleone ,

Get rid of the Variable you are trying to pass - that is actually counter-productive as you are creating a Variable name the same as the label - which is probably the issue - you just need to put something in the drop-down and then navigate to the screen. The label does not actually have to be in a card - just put it on the screen. I just need to see if the value you are trying to set is available for you to do it.

Navigate(ScreenTFCprogression, Fade)

Highlighted
Helper II
Helper II

Hi,

I got rid of the variable as you mentioned and still does not work.

but now, a second problem come up. I went to check my APP performance in my sharepoint list. And when I was trying to submit a new answer: Screen 1 was working ok. but then I movev to the next Screen and the questions didnt show up and instead a message appear saying "getting you data..." Check images attached please.

but is weird because in my Power Apps edition, when I press ALT and play with APP, everything seems to work fine.  

Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

@Corleone ,

Please forget about the Variable - that was never going to achieve anything. What you are needing should be simple - you are simply referencing a control on a screen that you can get a value from. I keep asking if you put a label on the other screen  - not in the form - just on the screen  - with the Text vCommodity.Selected.Value, put something in the drop-down and navigate to the screen, can you see the value in the label and also are there no errors on the label?

If you cannot, either there is something wrong with your app or you are referencing the wrong control.

The next step is working out how to reset this control as it cannot be done from another screen. As this was your post question, we need to resolve this first.

Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

Hi @Corleone ,

Just checking if you got the result you were looking for on this thread. Happy to help further if not.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Helper II
Helper II

Hi @WarrenBelz 

sorry for the delay!! 

thanks! it worked 🙂

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Watch Now

Experience what’s next for Power Apps

See the latest Power Apps innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (7,775)