cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DaynaLitherland
Level: Powered On

Pass through PowerApp Form to Microsoft Flow Email

Hi!

I want to do an approval on a PowerApp form submission, where a user is notified via Microsoft Flow, sent a link to the form to review and approve accordingly. But, I have no idea how within my PowerApp form to pass thorugh the link to Microsoft Flow for the item in question. Please help!

Kind Regards,

Dayna

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
DaynaLitherland

Re: Pass through PowerApp Form to Microsoft Flow Email

Hi Michael,

I was trying to get the URL from PowerApps into my approval task, so when the user clicked on the link, they would be presented with the correct link to the item in question that they were approving.

I was hoping that there was a field / function available which provides the link for the item, but after googling and searching the forums, there didn't seem to be.

For anyone else who struggles with this in future, what I did was build up the URL (reasonably hard coded) and passed through my ID as the parameter. There might be better ways to do this, and open to suggestions as I'm still very new to all this 🙂

Workflow.Run("https://web.powerapps.com/apps/GUID?ScreenType=ReadForm&RequestId="&Form.LastSubmit.Id)

Many thanks,

Dayna

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @DaynaLitherland,

Could you please explain a bit for "pass thorugh the link to Microsoft Flow for the item in question"?

If here you are working with Form control in PowerApps, then you should be able to pass the Item ID generated from the data source side by the LastSubmit property of the form control:

EditForm.LastSubmit.ID

For more details about how to work with this property, see:

EditForm in PowerApps

Regards,

Michael

Community Support Team _ Michael Shao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
DaynaLitherland

Hi Michael,

I was trying to get the URL from PowerApps into my approval task, so when the user clicked on the link, they would be presented with the correct link to the item in question that they were approving.

I was hoping that there was a field / function available which provides the link for the item, but after googling and searching the forums, there didn't seem to be.

For anyone else who struggles with this in future, what I did was build up the URL (reasonably hard coded) and passed through my ID as the parameter. There might be better ways to do this, and open to suggestions as I'm still very new to all this 🙂

Workflow.Run("https://web.powerapps.com/apps/GUID?ScreenType=ReadForm&RequestId="&Form.LastSubmit.Id)

Many thanks,

Dayna

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Apps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

SecondImage

Difinity Conference

The largest Power BI, Power Platform, and Data conference in New Zealand

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (5,259)