cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Pass variables from PowerApps to a stored procedure based what the user has selected

Hi ,

I need help with the below scenario, if anyone is able to assist I would appreciate it :

Scenario:

Execute a stored procedure in PowerApps via a button click. The stored proc works fine when I test it manually however I want to pass parameters to it based on what the user has selected. To achieve this I have used text boxes and check boxes as the input source. The aim is to be able to select multiple rows and click a button (run SP) to approve those selected records.

The drawback of using text boxes is that they are editable at run time and have not found a way to lock them. Is it possible to make them read only text boxes?

I have also tried using a data table in place of text boxes however I couldn’t find a way to select an individual record at a time and pass those fields as parameters to the stored procedure. 

Thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Super User
Super User

Re: Pass variables from PowerApps to a stored procedure based what the user has selected

@smntsantsa 

Have you seen this forum post about passing variables to stored procedures?  It looks like this is achievable using MS Automate.

Link To Relevant Forum Post:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Building-Power-Apps-Formerly/How-to-pass-parameters-to-Stored-Pr...

---
Please click "Accept as Solution" if my post answered your question so that others may find it more quickly. If you found this post helpful consider giving it a "Thumbs Up."

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Super User
Super User

Re: Pass variables from PowerApps to a stored procedure based what the user has selected

@smntsantsa 

Have you seen this forum post about passing variables to stored procedures?  It looks like this is achievable using MS Automate.

Link To Relevant Forum Post:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Building-Power-Apps-Formerly/How-to-pass-parameters-to-Stored-Pr...

---
Please click "Accept as Solution" if my post answered your question so that others may find it more quickly. If you found this post helpful consider giving it a "Thumbs Up."

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
August 2020 Community Challenge: Can You Solve These?

August 2020 Community Challenge: Can You Solve These?

We're excited to announce our first cross-community 'Can You Solve These?' challenge!

secondImage

Return to Workplace

Reopen responsibly, monitor intelligently, and protect continuously with solutions for a safer work environment.

secondImage

Super Users Coming in August

We are excited for the next Super User season.

secondImage

Community User Group Member Badges

FIll out a quick form to claim your community user group member badge today!

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (6,778)