cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Lewkir
Resolver I
Resolver I

Passing Gallery Data to New Form Invalid Data Source

I've been struggling with this for a few days and can't figure it out. I have a Gallery on one screen connected to a SharePoint list and I want to use some of the fields from the selected Item to populate a new form for a different SharePoint list which is on a different screen.

If I don't select an Item in the gallery it will just populate the form with top Item and this will submit as expected. However, if I try to select another Item I get this "data source might be invalid" error. I can't work out what the issue is, I've tried publishing the App and recreating the New form but the issue persists.

I found a few similar issues online but none of them seem to address my problem.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Cheers,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hey so I've just come back to this after a few days and it's magically working again. No idea what has changed as no one else has touched it. Thanks for your help anyway.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
mdevaney
Super User
Super User

@Lewkir 

Could you please share the following

• Screenshots of your app
  • Any code you have tried so far
  • An example of a field that must be populated when a gallery item is clicked.

---
Please click "Accept as Solution" if my post answered your question so that others may find it more quickly. If you found this post helpful consider giving it a "Thumbs Up."

Thanks for the response.

So first Gallery witrh button that changes screen to the one with the form:

Gallery Screen.png

If the top item here is left as selected then the form works.

The apply button brings us to the screen with the form:

Form Screen.png

The default for the input boxes on each field are something like:

UnconfirmedCourseGallery.Selected.Title

and the button just has:

SubmitForm(Form1)

is that enough?

Hi @Lewkir ,

Just helping my colleague @mdevaney  here,

You have a delegation warning showing on your screenshot - you might pass on what that shows.

That's because the gallery filters contains an if function, I wouldn't have thought that would affect the submission of the form.

I don't think the list will ever contain more than 2000 items so it shouldn't be an issue.

@Lewkir 

What code is in the Datasource property of your form?

Just 'List of Internal Course Applicants' which is the name of the list it is posting to.

Hey so I've just come back to this after a few days and it's magically working again. No idea what has changed as no one else has touched it. Thanks for your help anyway.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Power Apps Ideas

Check out the New Ideas Site

We are excited to announce a new way to share your ideas for Power Apps!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (5,905)