cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Helper IV
Helper IV

Passing ID as a parameter in the URL link .

Hello everyone, 

I have a  form which is connected to SP list. On submit of form, it sends an email via a flow..  everything is working as expected, however i want to pass the ID as a parameter in the link.. when the link is clicked it should directly take me that particular item in editform mode. please suggest.  I looked into the deep linking video but that was kind of confusing.. can someone help me with step by step guidance.. thanks in advance.

Capture.PNG

Homescreen is the landing page of the app. 
EditDetails is the screen which has the form.

One other thing : in homescreen I have 4 galleries . I have defined a variable in the item  property of the form so that it shows the data from multiple galleries.

how do have both features ?

> click on the link and show the form for that particular item

> multiple gallery in one form [this is already achieved]

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Helper IV
Helper IV

Re: Passing ID as a parameter in the URL link .

Hello All , I managed to pass ID in the url  , but however it does not show the details on the form... it says " getting your data" 

Below is my formula.

If(
!IsBlank(Param("ID")),
Set(SelectedItem, LookUp(ResourceRequisition,ID = Value(Param("ID")))); Navigate(EditDetails,Fade)
)

Item property of form is : SelectedItem
Below is screenshot of the form

Capture.PNG 

Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @P_SA ,

Could you please share the link (with the parameters) ?

I have followed your formulas and made a test on my side, It can work fine.

Since the app is navigated to the specify screen, that means the Parameter should pass successfully, so the error is probably from 'SelectedItem' .

Could you go to check if there is any other formula defining it, and check if there is any input error? Also please ensure the Parameter ID does exist.

Best regards,

Sik

Highlighted
Helper IV
Helper IV

Hello @v-siky-msft 
here is the link 
https://apps.powerapps.com/play/XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX?ID=83

i checked and there is no other formula. 

Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Could you add a button on the form screen ,and set the OnSelect to Set(SelectedItem, LookUp(ResourceRequisition,ID = Value(Param("ID")))),  to check if this action can make the form item shows?

Also you can hardcode the ID(83) into the formula to check if the issue is remain?

At last, I think you can try to test in a new app to avoid other factors influence .

Best regards,

Sik

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Tech Marathon

Maratón de Soluciones de Negocio Microsoft

Una semana de contenido con +100 sesiones educativas, consultorios, +10 workshops Premium, Hackaton, EXPO, Networking Hall y mucho más!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (5,282)