cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
EmilyS
Frequent Visitor

Passing Parameters between two canvas apps

Hi there,

I am currently working on a solution which contains 2 canvas apps.

The first canvas app is operated by admin who will set up a 'topic' and will send a notification (through flow) to end users which contains a link to the second app. The end user will then follow the link to answer a series of questions through the 2nd app. In order for these responses to be visualized collectively on a dashboard, I need to set a topicID as well as a responseID.

The responseID is fine, I am setting that through the edit form on the 2nd app.

However for the topicID, I need to pass this parameter from the first app through to the second app and I don't even know if this is possible to implement? (i.e the topicID that is noted on the form of the second app should automatically be set to the variable which was passed through from the first app).

If anyone has done something similar or has any advice for me I would greatly appreciate your help 🙂

Emily.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
WarrenBelz
Super User III
Super User III

Hi @EmilyS ,

The process is call Deep Linking and here is a good video from Shane Young @Shanescows on it.

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
WarrenBelz
Super User III
Super User III

Hi @EmilyS ,

The process is call Deep Linking and here is a good video from Shane Young @Shanescows on it.

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

EmilyS
Frequent Visitor

Thank you @WarrenBelz this is very useful.

I have managed to get this working by manually entering the ID value I want in the URL e.g (&ID=1004")

However I am unable to get this working by trying to reference my global variable, or even to reference the value that is stored on a form's data card on the 1st app (&ID=DataCardValue1.text).

I'm not sure if my syntax is incorrect or if it is not possible to create a deep link without manually entering the value?

I appreciate your help 🙂

Hi @EmilyS ,

Can you please post both the URL end (after ?) and the OnStart code in Text.

WarrenBelz
Super User III
Super User III

Hi @EmilyS ,

Just checking if you got the result you were looking for on this thread. Happy to help further if not.

Thank you @WarrenBelz I got my link working so thanks for your help 🙂

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

secondImage

Demo Extravaganza is Back!

We are excited to announce that Demo Extravaganza for 2021 has started!

MBAS on Demand

Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions

On-demand access to all the great content presented by the product teams and community members! #MSBizAppsSummit #CommunityRocks

Power Apps June 2021

June Power Apps Community Call

Did you miss the call? Check out the recording here!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (37,976)