Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Resolver I
Resolver I

Passing Person field from PowerApps to Flow

Hi PowerApp Users,

Is it possible to pass a person field value to a flow. I know we can pass DisplayNames, Emails etc.. to the flow. But what about a person field as a whole. 

My flow will create another item in a different list with a Person field value. Assigning DIsplayname or Email to a person field doesn't work.

Any help appreciated.

Regards,

Kevin

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @kevingeorget,

Could you please share a screenshot about your flow's configuration?

Do you want to pass the whole Person field value (A record value) from your app to a flow?

If you want to pass the whole Person field value (A Record value) from your app to a flow, I afraid that there is no way to achieve your needs in PowerApps currently.

Currently, a flow could only accept Strings Text as parameters passed from an app. Passing a record value from an app to a flow is not supported within PowerApps.

In addition, if you want to assign a value to a Person field within the "Create Item" action in your flow, I think the Email value or Claim value of a Person field value could achieve your needs. I have made a test on my side, please take a try with the following workaround:

Flow's configuration:3.JPG

App's configuration as below:4.JPG

Set the OnSelect property of the "Trigger Flow" button to following:

'20190122_case15'.Run(DataCardValue8.Selected.Claims)

Or

'20190122_case15'.Run(DataCardValue8.Selected.Email)

On your side, you should type following:

'YourFlowName'.Run(YourPersonFiledValue.Claims)

Please take a try with above solution I provided, then check if the issue is solved.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @kevingeorget,

Could you please share a screenshot about your flow's configuration?

Do you want to pass the whole Person field value (A record value) from your app to a flow?

If you want to pass the whole Person field value (A Record value) from your app to a flow, I afraid that there is no way to achieve your needs in PowerApps currently.

Currently, a flow could only accept Strings Text as parameters passed from an app. Passing a record value from an app to a flow is not supported within PowerApps.

In addition, if you want to assign a value to a Person field within the "Create Item" action in your flow, I think the Email value or Claim value of a Person field value could achieve your needs. I have made a test on my side, please take a try with the following workaround:

Flow's configuration:3.JPG

App's configuration as below:4.JPG

Set the OnSelect property of the "Trigger Flow" button to following:

'20190122_case15'.Run(DataCardValue8.Selected.Claims)

Or

'20190122_case15'.Run(DataCardValue8.Selected.Email)

On your side, you should type following:

'YourFlowName'.Run(YourPersonFiledValue.Claims)

Please take a try with above solution I provided, then check if the issue is solved.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Hi @v-xida-msft,

Thanks for the reply.

Unfortunately the claims and email property doesn't work. Your understanding is correct, i'm trying to populate a person field with this value.

Regards,

Kevin

Error details-

'(P)******FLow'.Run(DataCardValue10.Selected.Email,DataCardValue27,DataCardValue28,DataCardValue12,DataCardValue13.Selected.Email,

DataCardValue11.Selected.Value,DataCardValue1,DataCardValue13.Selected.DisplayName)

{

"status": 400,

"message": "User value is invalid.\r\nclientRequestId: eb6a472c-12a7-4277-98d9-afd4139e662e\r\nserviceRequestId: 4878b89e-6003-8000-9774-e98bbade422b"

}

'(P)*********FLow'.Run(DataCardValue10.Selected.Claims,DataCardValue27,DataCardValue28,DataCardValue12,DataCardValue13.Selected.Email,DataCardValue11.Selected.Value,DataCardValue1,DataCardValue13.Selected.DisplayName)

This is the value it hold, Operator is my Person Field-

{
"Status": {
    "Value": "Closed"
  },
  "Rejection_Reason": "<p>Rejected</p>",
"Operator": "Kevin********@*********.onmicrosoft.com"
}
Highlighted

Fixed it.

I'm must have done the dumbest thing ever (for the day).

I was assigning the value to the field directly rather than Field's claim property.

My bad.

Thanks for the reply again @v-xida-msft

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

News & Announcements

Community Blog

Stay up tp date on the latest blogs and activities in the community News & Announcements.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Community Highlights

Community Highlights

Check out the Power Platform Community Highlights

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (7,190)