Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Kudo Collector
Kudo Collector

Passing a Sharepoint dropdown value between screens

Hello.

I have a Sharepoint list with about close to 100 questions (don't ask 🙂 ) and i have decided to break up the form into 5 screens.  On the screen (Bio Detail Form) there is a question that asks for Marital status.  If the user chooses "Married", then this should unhide questions throughout the form that have to be filled out pertaining to the spouse.

This conditional statement works for the screen (Bio Detail Form) that has the Marital Status field but not the other screens.   On the OnSelect and OnChange property for the Marital Status Datacard (on the Bio Detail From) i used: 

Navigate('Emp Detail Info Form', ScreenTransition.Fade, {varMarried:DataCardValue9.Selected.Value})  and on the Emp Detail Info Form i am using

If("Married" in varMarried, true) in the Visibility property of the datacard but it is not passing the value from the Bio Info Form to the Emp Detail Info Form .

I even tried adding a DropDown Control and that didnt work either 😞

Can someone tell me what i am doing wrong pleaseeee and thank you!

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Misa 

What is the data type of Marital status column? Choices?

Which control do you use to select Marital status? Combo box?

If my assumption is right, please try to use  "If("Married" = varMarried, true)" in the Visibility property of the datacard, and check if your issue is fixed.

By the way , the cause of your issue is that "Married" in a part of "UnMarried", so the condition ("Married" in varMarried )will always be true.

Best regards,

Sik

If this post helps, then please click on “Accept as Solution” to help the other members find it more quickly.

Highlighted

@v-siky-msft 

Hi and thank you.

The list of Marital Status is a sharepoint drop down list.  Because of the 4 other screens that would depend on this answer, i tried setting a global variable and for some reason the other screens would not acknowledge that the varMarried variable existed.

"By the way , the cause of your issue is that "Married" in a part of "UnMarried", so the condition ("Married" in varMarried )will always be true." <-- so are you saying that the other screens are not seeing varMarried as a variable but as a string?  

Highlighted

Hi @Misa ,

The variable generated from navigate function is context variable. That means it only work in the current screen and navigated screen.

If you want it to be a global variable, please try: 

Navigate('Emp Detail Info Form', ScreenTransition.Fade); Set(varMarried, DataCardValue9.Selected.Value) 

The VarMarried variable stores a Text type value, right? so actually the variable is also text type. 

So whether you choose Married or UnMarried, the string of "Married" is always the part of VarMarried.

Best regards,

Sik

If this post helps, then please click on “Accept as Solution” to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

News & Announcements

Community Blog

Stay up tp date on the latest blogs and activities in the community News & Announcements.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Community Highlights

Community Highlights

Check out the Power Platform Community Highlights

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (8,243)