Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
da1ve
Helper IV
Helper IV

Passing checkbox value to flow

Hi guys,

I have an app where we send either an SMS or Email (or both) to a list of clients. I want the ability to send one or the other (or both) based on a checkbox. In my flow I set a variable for each and on the switch I set the condition to true or false but the switch would not allow me to use the term "true".

da1ve_2-1667344073711.png

da1ve_0-1667344034026.png

da1ve_1-1667344044369.png

I then came across this article https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Building-Power-Apps/Change-a-Text-Input-value-after-Save-on-Chec... 

So this works in principal but when I try to submit, the flow doesn't run unless both options are "checked"

WORKS:

da1ve_3-1667344186353.png

DOESNT WORK:

da1ve_4-1667344205609.png

SMS = Checkbox3

Email = Checkbox6

SMS

Oncheck property of the checkbox: Set(var,true);Set(varCheck,"Checked");Reset(TextInput74)

OnUncheck property of the checkbox: Set(var,true);Set(varCheck,Blank());Reset(TextInput74)

EMAIL

Oncheck property of the checkbox: Set(var,true);Set(varCheck2,"Checked");Reset(TextInput75)

OnUncheck property of the checkbox: Set(var,true);Set(varCheck2,Blank());Reset(TextInput75)

The default property is set to:

TextInput74: If(var,varCheck)

TextInput75: If(var,varCheck2)

Any suggestions how I would "pass" a default value if (for instance) email was unchecked? Like TextInput75 had a default value of "unchecked" and when Checkbox6 is selected, the value of TextInput75 changed to "Checked" - or is there a better way to do this?

Thanks,
David

0 REPLIES 0

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps News & Annoucements carousel

Power Apps News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Apps community.

Power Apps Community Blog Carousel

Power Apps Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (3,182)