Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

Passing data between screens using multiple data sources

Hi all,

I'm currently writing an application meant to draw information from two data sources on Sharepoint.  I've created a Gallery to select which 'entry' I would like to view and have had no issues getting the information to display on the Detail screen from the first data source. Here's the tricky part:

I need to pass on information from the first Detail screen to a secondary detail screen which draws its information from a different data source.  I've created a button to navigate from the first detail screen to the second, and used the navigate action to pass the information I need to the second screen using the following code:

Navigate(ObjectivesDetailScreen1, ScreenTransition.Fade, {Number: ID_Card1.DataField})

In theory, the data in the ID_Card1 should be the project ID number, which I can then use to find the corresponding project in the other Data source and pull the related information into a form on the next screen.

I've created the second screen and its viewing form, and set the data connector to the secondary data source. I am having trouble figuring out how to use the information I passed from the first detail screen to draw the correct information into the form on the second screen (remember, these are two different data sources). I've used the following code in the form's Item function box:

First(Filter('Mission Objectives', Number=ID))

Which threw an Incompatible Type error.  Specifically, it says "The value on the left is Text type and the value on the right is a Number type."  I've check the Field type from which I'm drawing the 'Number' variable (ID_Card1.DataField) and it says its a number type, which to me means that the ID number is being cast as a string when its passed into the secondary screen. Not sure how to get around this.  Screenshots attached.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Resolver I
Resolver I

Re: Passing data between screens using multiple data sources

@Anonymous You may check the Video I created to send the data between two screen with multiple SharePoint data sources.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FQmrd3-5PX0&feature=youtu.be

Hope this helps.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

Have you tried Navigate(ObjectivesDetailScreen1, ScreenTransition.Fade, {Number: Value(ID_Card1.DataField)}) ?
Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, but to no avail.  I have also tried:

Navigate(ObjectivesDetailScreen1, ScreenTransition.Fade, {Number: Value(DataCardValue73.Text)})

Which was similarly unsuccessful.

Highlighted
Resolver I
Resolver I

@Anonymous You may check the Video I created to send the data between two screen with multiple SharePoint data sources.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FQmrd3-5PX0&feature=youtu.be

Hope this helps.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
secondImage

Demo-Extravaganza 2020

Check out these cool Power Apps & vote on your favorite!

secondImage

Robotic Process Automation

Let's talk about the solution provided by Microsoft for Robotic Process Automation (RPA)

secondImage

Community Highlights

Check out whats happening in Power Apps

secondImage

Community User Group Member Badges

FIll out a quick form to claim your community user group member badge today!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (10,372)