Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BEJ
Helper I
Helper I

Passing data from powerapp to document library "not working"

Hello,

Last week I managed to get my powerapp application linked to a powerautomate flow an a powerapp form in a document library to pass several field contents from a poweapp canvas to a new folder created in a document library.

I then did a couple of modification (added a multiple choice condo and a multi line text column in sharepoint, some visual improvement and so on).

my flow
rb060a2wpp351.png

I have a form with some data typed by user

s5xs5564qp351.png

and i use this formula to trigger my flow

3g5ot9q6qp351.png

Since sunday, everytime i run theOnSelect only the the title of the folder "works" all the fields are not passed to columns in the document library.

The only thing that changed is that I know have a delegation warning on my user form (for now I'm on a test library with only 2 folders in it so its not a record limit issue).

I tried to add an update depending on folder ID in my flow without success.

I am a bit lost, if anyone can point me the right direction I would be glad.

Have a good day

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Finally got it working if soemone is looking for this in the futur here is how i did it 

Annotation 2020-06-13 185018.png

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
rohsh354
Community Support
Community Support

Hello,

By looking at your flow, it is currently expecting only one value to be passed from the canvas app i.e. folder path.

How are you passing columns in the document library for that folder? 

Hello @rohsh354,

thank you for your answer.

@rohsh354 wrote:

Hello,

By looking at your flow, it is currently expecting only one value to be passed from the canvas app i.e. folder path.

How are you passing columns in the document library for that folder? 

I think that is the whole problem, actually I am not, but I am pretty sure it worked last saturday with the flow as in my screenshot.

Anyway, from what i understand i should use flow to pass data from powerapp fields to column right ?
I tried to add a step to update fields in my flow to pass value from powerapp form fields to columns in the library but without success. I tried to get metada and then update them too in flow without sucess.

rohsh354
Community Support
Community Support

Hello,

After the folder is created in "Create New Folder" action, you can leverage "Get folder metadata using path" action, to return the current column values of the folder in document library.

Then use compose for capturing the inputs from PowerApps (Ask in PowerApps)

You can leverage Update File properties, referencing to folder to update the folder properties.

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/General-Power-Automate/Update-folder-with-flow/td-p/238222

Idea Post to enable folder properties change action - https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Power-Automate-Ideas/New-Flow-actions-to-set-and-update-folder-p...

Screen1.png

Hope this helps !

Hello @rohsh354,

Thank your for your answer, I still don't get how it worked without the extended flow last week... kinda lost and pretty frustrating to had it working and now being stuck.

I tried this earlier this week because i found this link too https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/General-Power-Automate/Update-folder-with-flow/td-p/238222 

I retried today, with the same result, only the Title is passed, but I must be doing something wrong...

Powerapp form

Annotation 2020-06-11 162342.jpg

Flow

Annotation 2020-06-11 162257.jpg

Formula

Annotation 2020-06-11 162446.jpg

Result

Annotation 2020-06-11 162601.jpg

Finally got it working if soemone is looking for this in the futur here is how i did it 

Annotation 2020-06-13 185018.png

View solution in original post

I have successfully added files(any type) to a document library and passed along tags or metadata to the columns in the doc library at the same time. The only trouble I have is with numbers. I wanted the user to input a dollar amount (I had the column/field set to number) and be able to force the decimal place. But there is no input control in PowerApps for number. I use Text input controls for drop downs and other items and use date control for date input, etc. But no luck with number. Any ideas?

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

Power Query PA Forum 768x460.png

Check it out!

Did you know that you can visit the Power Query Forum in Power BI and now Power Apps

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Users online (2,841)