cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Advocate IV
Advocate IV

Passing updated string back to calling screen and updating the text on calling screen

I am developing an app for interviews and one of the options is to have fixed text strings that interviewer can add to the applicants form at key points to ensure legal compliance with wording.

I have a gallery list of applications that when one is selected populates an edit form on another screen called ApplicationScreen.

One of the form fields called TRPveValue1 is set as multiline text and may have text in already.

I have another screen called TRPositive with multiple fixed text strings as a gallery and I can pass the data already in the main form screen as follows by using:

Navigate(TRPositive,ScreenTransition.None, {TRPveTemp: TRPveValue1.Text})

Once in the TRPositive screen I can scroll the list of set strings and add these to the TRPveTemp variable OK.

How do I then pass this back and update the TRPveValue1 field on the ApplicationScreen ? I do not want to use Patch at this stage on the data source as I want to store this  change and other changes for the form in the ApplicationScreen and Patch all in one go or cancel out changes.

Any suggestions appreciated.

Thank you.

HCG

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Community Champion
Community Champion

Can you collect the changes in a collection?  Clear the collection at the beginning of each interview then collecting each text string.

Then you can use one of the concatenation functions if you need the total text.

Highlighted

Given that the navigate function allows for passing data across screens I can pass the string one way easily and update it but I was wondering If I could pass it back using navigate (or some other method like Back) to easily update the field in the initial screen. 

I am having a few issues with collections. Normally when I move from a gallery screen to a edit form screen I populate the form data using a deault like BrowseGallery1.Selected. But if I create a collection of all the data for the selected gallery item using the "onSelect" for the icon in the gallery and then navigate to the form screen I cannot seem to get the form screen to use the Collection data to populate the form?

Any advice?

thank you.

HCG

Highlighted

I figured out out to do this using the sample "serice desk" app with "EditForm" where it uses seperate screens for options selected that get updated back on the calling screen.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

News & Announcements

Community Blog

Stay up tp date on the latest blogs and activities in the community News & Announcements.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Community Highlights

Community Highlights

Check out the Power Platform Community Highlights

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (7,841)