cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TMMK64571
Level: Powered On

Passing value from one Display form to another as a Filter

I have a Display Form that shows the details of a request from one SharePoint list, and I want to store the "Req Number" and pass to it on to a Display Form from a different SharePoint list where there is a "Number with Leading Zeroes" value in common.  I want the user to be able to navigate from one form to the other to get more information.  I will add another button to Requisition Details to navigate to the other form if I can find a solution.

Search.PNGOriginal Search formsubmit.PNGAdditional Details form

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Super User
Super User

Re: Passing value from one Display form to another as a Filter

@TMMK64571 

From about your issue I understand ReqForm in SPListRequisition has a matching value called NumberWithLeadingZeros in SPListSubmission.  To show the details for the specific item number please put this code in the Items property of your form on the Submission Details screen.

First(Filter(SPListSubmission, DataCardValue_ReqNumber.Text=NumberwithLeadingZeros));

DataCardValue_ReqNumber should be the name of your datacard from the Requisition details screen.  Number With Leading Zeros should be the name of your column from SPListSubmission.  If there are spaces in the name it will be something like Number_x0020_with_x0020_Leading_x0020_Zeros

---
Please click "Accept as Solution" if my response helped to solve your issue so that others may find it more quickly. If your thought the post was helpful please give it a "Thumbs Up."

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Super User
Super User

@TMMK64571 

From about your issue I understand ReqForm in SPListRequisition has a matching value called NumberWithLeadingZeros in SPListSubmission.  To show the details for the specific item number please put this code in the Items property of your form on the Submission Details screen.

First(Filter(SPListSubmission, DataCardValue_ReqNumber.Text=NumberwithLeadingZeros));

DataCardValue_ReqNumber should be the name of your datacard from the Requisition details screen.  Number With Leading Zeros should be the name of your column from SPListSubmission.  If there are spaces in the name it will be something like Number_x0020_with_x0020_Leading_x0020_Zeros

---
Please click "Accept as Solution" if my response helped to solve your issue so that others may find it more quickly. If your thought the post was helpful please give it a "Thumbs Up."

View solution in original post

TMMK64571

Error.PNGUnsupported data type error

@mdevaney This gives me an error as shown above.  I think I misunderstood the instructions, please help me find my error.

Super User
Super User

I think the problem is you are referencing the datacard instead of the label.

On the left side menu find the card Req Number_Datcard. Now drill down into the card and there will be four components: star, error, value and key. You want to reference the label that stores the value.

If you can’t get it to work please also take a screenshot of your left side menu with the controls showing.
TMMK64571

That was it - thank you.  I knew it was something simple.

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Apps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

SecondImage

Difinity Conference

The largest Power BI, Power Platform, and Data conference in New Zealand

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (5,417)