cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tommy_Boden
Regular Visitor

Paste latest clipboard content by clicking button in a power app.

Hello, 
I am out of ideas and cant find posts helping me. 
I am trying to create a button function which allows the user to paste latest copy from clipboard outside of the power app. 

Users need to paste a link, generated in another program, into a forms field. I want them to be able to use a simple "paste" button which fills the field with requested link before the submit.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

@Tommy_Boden ,

Yes that is correct - you can use a Variable for "moving" data between controls, but nothing is available to copy from the clipboard except the built-in device functions.

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
WarrenBelz
Super User
Super User

HI @Tommy_Boden ,

Try Ctrl-V into the control - there is no "from clipboard" function currently in Power Apps.

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

Hello and thank you for your reply. Do you mean the simple short command on keyboard? 
or is it possible to code the short command into the button function? 
I came across this function but it only copys text from one field to another.  But i guess that is not from the clipboard? 

Solved: How to create custom COPY/PASTE shortcut button. - Power Platform Community (microsoft.com)

It is a pretty common function in apps today and i hope there will be an easy way for it in power apps in a near future. 

/ Tommy

@Tommy_Boden ,

Yes that is correct - you can use a Variable for "moving" data between controls, but nothing is available to copy from the clipboard except the built-in device functions.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,724)