cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
VilPel
Super User
Super User

Pasting photos and videos to Power Apps?

Hello community,

Ia m wondering if it's possible to easily paste media such as images and videos to Power Apps. Currently the "Text input" and "Rich text" field don't accept pasting media so I'm wondering if anyone has figured out an alternative for this. I am aware that you can upload files using the attachment control but it's kind of an cumbersome process to save everything to your machine first before you upload it to the Power Apps.

The next question would be how to save these pasted media files to Dataverse.

Thanks in advance,

3 REPLIES 3
BCBuizer
Super User
Super User

Hi @VilPel ,

It seems there are some workaround to make this work, but it's not a supported feature: 

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Building-Power-Apps/Copy-an-image-ctrl-C-and-then-paste-into-the...).

Did you like my post? Please give it a thumbs up! Did I resolve your issue? Please click Accept as Solution to close the topic and so other members of the community can find solutions more easily.
VilPel
Super User
Super User

Hi @BCBuizer ,

It's not really what I'm looking for.

Let's say you take a screenshot on your computer and that image is saved on your clipboard. You want to paste this image some Power Apps text field or some other control and save the pasted image data to the database (Dataverse).

Is this possible with Power Apps or do I need to create a custom component for this?

BCBuizer
Super User
Super User

Hi @VilPel ,

As mentioned in the topic I posted, sometimes this works with the rich text editor, but only in FireFox and even then it is not guaranteed to work:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Building-Power-Apps/Copy-an-image-ctrl-C-and-then-paste-into-the...

Did you like my post? Please give it a thumbs up! Did I resolve your issue? Please click Accept as Solution to close the topic and so other members of the community can find solutions more easily.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps News & Annoucements carousel

Power Apps News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Apps community.

Community Call Conversations

Introducing the Community Calls Conversations

A great place where you can stay up to date with community calls and interact with the speakers.

Power Apps Community Blog Carousel

Power Apps Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,508)