cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kmw1130
Post Patron
Post Patron

Patch Blank Date to SharePoint Date Field

I am using a Gallery to Patch and Save to a SharePoint List, one of my fields is a date field (Closed Date).  The ForAll Patch doesn't save to SharePoint unless I have the Closed Date populated.  I want it to be blank until the item is updated.  How can I patch a blank date to SharePoint?

12 REPLIES 12

@Eelman My SP List field is a date field.  I'm creating a collection for a "Repeating Table" Gallery, each row in the Gallery has 2 date fields, one, Date Closed, will be able to update at a later time, so it needs to be blank.  It is Saved to the Collection as a blank entry and then when submitted to my SharePoint List, it doesn't submit the collection values to SP when the date field is blank. 

kmw1130
Post Patron
Post Patron

This is what worked when submitting to SharePoint.

'Date Closed': If(IsBlank(LineDateClosed), Blank(), DateValue(LineDateClosed)),

View solution in original post

jdarling20
Frequent Visitor

I was able to successfully patch with the following: 

exit_date: DateValue(selectedHistoryItem.previous_value)

This value for the given record results in a Blank() value, but was able to patch successfully AFTER enabling the Formula-level Error Management as noted by  @Drrickryp  and @Eelman .

This formula will Patch either a Blank() or real date value, whichever the formula returns.

Helpful resources

Announcements
2022 Release Wave 1 760x460.png

2022 Release Wave 1 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2022 release wave 1 describes all new features releasing from April 2022 through September 2022.

User Group Leader Meeting January 768x460.png

Calling all User Group Leaders!

Don't miss the User Group Leader meetings on January, 24th & 25th, 2022.

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,608)