cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
momureithi
Helper II
Helper II

Patch Data to a SharePoint List

I have a form and a gallery whose data I would like submitted to a specific list. The data from the form is submitted successfully but I can't get around to having the data on the gallery submitted to the specific columns on the list.

Any help on this?

3 REPLIES 3
timl
Super User
Super User

Hi @momureithi 

There are some formula examples in this post that show how to patch the items in a gallery to a data source using the ForAll function.

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Building-Power-Apps/Patch-all-items-in-Gallery/td-p/66288

Maybe that might help. If not, if you could provide more details as to how your gallery and list is set up, that would help us provide more specific answer.

v-albai-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @momureithi ,            

Could you tell me which data source the gallery is connected to? A collection or other data sources?

For patching data to a SharePoint list, assume that:

1. Your Gallery is to display a collection, and the collection is reading data from your SP list.

2. You want to update the collection, and write the data back to your SP list.

You can refer to below formula as an example:

ForAll(

RenameColumns(Gallery1.AllItems,"ID","ID1"), /* Use RenameColumns() for disambiguation, you can also rename other columns here */

/* you can add an if()formula outside Patch() to filter some records to edit*/

Patch(

'SPList',

LookUp('SPList',ID=ID1),  /* <-- Use the previously renamed column to find specific record */

{

ListColumnOne:GalleryFieldOne,

ListColumnTwo:GalleryFieldTwo,

ListColumnN:GalleryFieldN

}

)

)

Note:

1. When using ForAll with patch, you compare the NewId column, against the Id column in your source data. The disambiguation operator is used when two columns belonging to different tables have the same name. If you don’t use this disambiguation operator you will observe that only the first record gets updated always.
  2. Beside, you also need to make sure that the columnnames are an exact match to the columns in your SharePoint list.

More details from following article:

Reference link 

If above formula still cannot solve your issue, please provide more information or screenshots. So that I can have a test in my environment.

Best Regards,

Allen

v-albai-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @momureithi ,

How are things going? Have you solved your issue?

If my solution is helpful to you, please mark my answer. This will benefit other community members who stuck with the same question.

Best regards,

Allen

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,761)