Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
mmattar Post Patron
Post Patron

Patch Error Help

Hello all,

I am doing a patch function on my SQL Table and I keep getting this error response: "Value must be at most 50 characters in length".

When I test the same patch function to my dev table it works, but in my prod table it does not. I do have Primary Key column that is auto-increment that i do not include in my patch function. All other columns allow nulls except that. Anyone know what is the problem/issue here ? 

Thanks   

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
eka24 Community Champion
Community Champion

Re: Patch Error Help

In the Column in your SQL, what is the length, if less that 50, recreate the column and increase the size.

If is more that 50, the in powerapps, select the datacardvalue or textbox and increase the maximum lenght

If you like this post, give a Thumbs up. Where it solved your request, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users find it.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Super User
Super User

Hi @mmattar 

What's the column length of that column, and are you patching a value that exceeds 50 characters?

eka24 Community Champion
Community Champion

In the Column in your SQL, what is the length, if less that 50, recreate the column and increase the size.

If is more that 50, the in powerapps, select the datacardvalue or textbox and increase the maximum lenght

If you like this post, give a Thumbs up. Where it solved your request, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users find it.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
MBAS Gallery 2020

MBAS Gallery 2020

Watch Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions on-demand.

firstImage

New Ranks and Rank Icons released on April 21!

The time has come: We are finally able to share more details on the brand-new ranks coming to the Power Apps Community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (6,023)