cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ST3
Frequent Visitor

Patch Form of multiple excel data sources to single excel workbook in Power App

Hi , 

I am working on Power app, my requirement is - App has three screens , each screen has connected to different excel workbook as data source. At the end, for every "Submit" form should create new record in  excel workbook.

What I did :

First screen -  User should enter his details like name , email..(1st workbook which is blank with Headers)

second screen - will filter data from 2nd excel workbook , so user can choose what he wants.

Third Screen - Will filter data from 3rd excel workbook, to select what he wants. 

Submit- Should create new record with data from these three screen in  1st Workbook.

I tried by using Patch (1stworkbook, default(firstworkbook), fistform.updates, secondform.updates,thirdform.updates)

Shows me error as "Specified columns are not existed". and Submit does not work.

Any guidance will be appreciated .

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
v-JessicaG-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @ST3 ,

Do you want to use data from different excel data sources to add new records in a single excel workbook?

Are the column names of the data you added in the form consistent with the column names saved in excel? According to your needs, I did a simple test, and the result is that data from different data sources can be added to a single excel workbook. The form data source of the three screens is set to 1st excel workbook, and the data sources of the controls for filtering data on the second and third screens are the corresponding 2nd excel and 3rd excel workbook. You could refer to the screenshot below:

vJessicaGmsft_0-1637636141619.jpeg

vJessicaGmsft_1-1637636149070.png

vJessicaGmsft_2-1637636157382.png

vJessicaGmsft_3-1637636170915.png

Best Regards,

Jessica Gu

View solution in original post

Hi @ST3 ,

I added the fields that need to be modified in the form, then deleted the controls generated by the default fields and added a custom Dropdown control. Please refer to the screenshot below:

vJessicaGmsft_0-1637810885274.png

vJessicaGmsft_1-1637810895411.png

Best Regards,

Jessica Gu

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-JessicaG-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @ST3 ,

Do you want to use data from different excel data sources to add new records in a single excel workbook?

Are the column names of the data you added in the form consistent with the column names saved in excel? According to your needs, I did a simple test, and the result is that data from different data sources can be added to a single excel workbook. The form data source of the three screens is set to 1st excel workbook, and the data sources of the controls for filtering data on the second and third screens are the corresponding 2nd excel and 3rd excel workbook. You could refer to the screenshot below:

vJessicaGmsft_0-1637636141619.jpeg

vJessicaGmsft_1-1637636149070.png

vJessicaGmsft_2-1637636157382.png

vJessicaGmsft_3-1637636170915.png

Best Regards,

Jessica Gu

Thank you Jessica for your answer . Yes , you got it correct and also your solution is right but now I am struggling to fit dropdown in data card . In your example how did you fit dropdown 1 in Status_datacard 2?

my Dropdown keep moving all over the screen. I really appreciate your response. 

Hi @ST3 ,

I added the fields that need to be modified in the form, then deleted the controls generated by the default fields and added a custom Dropdown control. Please refer to the screenshot below:

vJessicaGmsft_0-1637810885274.png

vJessicaGmsft_1-1637810895411.png

Best Regards,

Jessica Gu

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps News & Annoucements carousel

Power Apps News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Apps community.

Power Apps Community Blog Carousel

Power Apps Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (16,745)