cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Connor55
Resolver I
Resolver I

Patch Function - How to add to current value

My goal is to add a value to an existing record value via a patch function.  What's the best way to do this?

Patch(ScratchInventoryCollection,First(Filter(ScratchInventoryCollection,Bar_Code=ThisItem.Bar_Code)),{InStock: (ExistingValue??) + Value(QuantityInput.Text)})

I'm just not sure how to reference the existing value.  Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

SOLVED!

I just added .InStock to that First/Filter function and it worked.  

Solution:

Patch(PullSheetCollection,First(Filter(PullSheetCollection,Bar_Code=ThisItem.Bar_Code)),
{InStock:First(Filter(PullSheetCollection,Bar_Code=ThisItem.Bar_Code)).InStock+Value(QuantityInput.Text)})

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
poweractivate
Community Champion
Community Champion

@Connor55 

You should be able to just reference it directly through a Gallery control and/or variable.

What's the data type in the Collection column?

You may need to Value(the existing value) for the addition, but use Text(on the whole clause) to turn the added number back to a string, if the Collection expects not a number but a string.

@poweractivate 

The data type is a number.  I tried ThisItem.InStock + Value(InputQuantity), but it uses the value from the wrong collection.  I need the value from a collection that isn't currently selected.

I'm using this to find the record to update:

First(Filter(ScratchInventoryCollection,Bar_Code=ThisItem.Bar_Code))

The barcode is acting as a unique identifier to that item/record.

From that First/Filter function, how do I select the value of the InStock column?

SOLVED!

I just added .InStock to that First/Filter function and it worked.  

Solution:

Patch(PullSheetCollection,First(Filter(PullSheetCollection,Bar_Code=ThisItem.Bar_Code)),
{InStock:First(Filter(PullSheetCollection,Bar_Code=ThisItem.Bar_Code)).InStock+Value(QuantityInput.Text)})

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,810)