cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SandraAkujobi
Post Partisan
Post Partisan

Patch Function formula causing an error

I am trying to add in the patch function for the app i', creating. At the moment the app has 6 edit screens that one will go into again to update if needed to. 

The patch function I've been using is as follow; 

Patch('WeeklyTimeSheet', Defaults('WeeklyTimeSheet'), MondayForm.Updates, TuesdayForm.Updates)  

Still the entries come in as individual rows instead of a one whole entry.  Each screen represents the days of the week. How will I be able to fix the issue 

4 REPLIES 4
KrishnaV
Super User III
Super User III

Hi @SandraAkujobi ,

It is expected when you do like this as multiple rows. Try the following:
Patch('WeeklyTimeSheet', Defaults('WeeklyTimeSheet'), MondayForm.Updates);
Patch('WeeklyTimeSheet', ID=lookup(name=MondayForm.name), TuesdayForm.Updates)

Note: Basically you need to update the existing record with a lookup on it.

I hope this resolved your issue if you see any challenge/need further help please let me know I am always happy to do it for my community.

Regards,
KrishnaV
Business Applications MVP
Twitter | Linkedin | YouTube | GitHub
If this post helps you give a and if it solved your issue consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members / new members of the community.

The formula given here now, would lookup(name) be the name of the data source. and if so is mondayform.name supposed to be in the same closed bracket. 

Screenshot (212).png

Hi @SandraAkujobi ,

As I mentioned you need to use the proper column from that data source and then perform the look up.

I hope this resolved your issue if you see any challenge/need further help please let me know I am always happy to do it for my community.

Regards,
KrishnaV
If this post helps you give a and if it solved your issue consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members / new members of the community.

Hi @SandraAkujobi,

I just want to follow up with you on this issue to see is it resolved or still you see any challenges. If you see any challenge/need further help let me know I am always happy to help

Regards,
KrishnaV

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MBAS Attendee Badge

Claim Your Badge & Digital Swag!

Check out how to claim yours today!

secondImage

Demo Extravaganza is Back!

We are excited to announce that Demo Extravaganza for 2021 has started!

MBAS on Demand

Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions

On-demand access to all the great content presented by the product teams and community members! #MSBizAppsSummit #CommunityRocks

Power Apps June 2021

June Power Apps Community Call

Don't miss the call this month on June 16th - 8a PDT

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (21,361)