cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
unislacker
Advocate I
Advocate I

Patch Removes Focus

I am a bit frustrated here and hope someone can advise, however i don't think what i am looking for is possible. 
Lets say for argument sake I also have to use patch so please do not suggest other options such as forms or something.

So I have 18 TextInput boxes all next to each other in a line and i have the onchange set to patch the change within the input boxes all pointing to patch a single column , This basically builds a logical string in said colum. 

The problem is that if in TextInpu1 I type a number and then click Textinput2 and try to type something in here, the app unfocuses on TextInput 2 almost immediately. I assume this is because the TextInput1 box is still  Performing its patch. 

Why is this annoying is because you have to make a change, then click another text box ¨, then click again to start typing. 

So what I want is when i click away from TextInput1 onto any other TextInput box i want the focus to remain.

Thanks in advance for the support 

1 REPLY 1
gabibalaban
Super User
Super User

Hi @unislacker,

Did you experiment the same issue when you use Tab instead of mouse click to change the focused textInput control ?

If so, please try to use SetFocus(yourNextTextInputControl) function after the Patch(). I think this should solve your problem.

Hope it helps !

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,374)