cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ez1138
Helper V
Helper V

Patch SQL, Want to Update an Record, Not Create a New One

Hi, using the following code I was aiming to update a record, not create a new one.  When I edit the record, let's say the first one (e.g. St. Louis, Company_ID 1), and I change it to Las Vegas, it creates a new record.  

What do I need to modify to simply update?  Also, what other code can I add in to return back to the detail/display screen for that record?

Thanks for any assistance!!

Patch('[dbo].[table1]', Defaults('[dbo].[table1]'), {City: DataCardValue318.Text})

2020-05-07_9-42-38.jpg

10 REPLIES 10

SQL Dropdown Hi, thank you for assisting with the PowerApps SQL issue I was having. It works awesome on the text fields.

For some reason, and I'm 100% confident this is my own lack of experience issue, is the dropdowns do not update. Again, I do not know how to do it correctly.

• Here's how I list the items in a dropdown that I created in the edit screen for the company name
    • ShowColumns('[dbo].[company]', "Company_Name", "ID"
  • For the update, I have the following code
    • Form_Detail_Audit_Company_Company_DataCardValue.Selected.ID Once I save/close the edit screen, it does not update the detail/display field and definitely not the SQL.

Thanks again for your help earlier and I apologize if I made more issues for myself!

Helpful resources

Announcements
October Events

Mark Your Calendars

So many events that are happening this month - don't miss out!

Ignite 2022

WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

Explore the latest innovations, learn from product experts and partners, level up your skillset, and create connections from around the world.

Power Apps Africa Challenge 2022

Power Apps Africa Challenge

Your chance to join an engaging competition of Power Platform enthusiasts.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,656)