cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Reply
PDRinoG
Advocate I
Advocate I

Patch a lookup value. Problem when the default language of the site is Dutch

Hi,


I have created a power app in our development environment. Now I want to deploy it in the tenant of our customer. 

 

After I had copied the power app (+all needed SharePoint lists) from our dev environment to the source environment of our client, I get the following error on an OnSelect action behind one of the buttons in the app. Below you can find only that part, that is causing the error.

 

OnSelect:

Patch(OrderItemsDefaults(OrderItems), { Title: varOrderNR,
OrderID: { '@odata.type': "#Microsoft.Azure.Connectors.SharePoint.SPListExpandedReference", Id: varOrderID, Value: varOrderNR }})
 
The error:
The function 'Patch' has some invalid arguments.
Invalid argument type. Expecting a Record value, but of a different schema.
Missing column. Your formula is missing a column 'Id' with a type of 'Number'.
 
No matter what I try, I'm currently unable to patch the desired result to the data source. The only difference I have found between both SharePoint sites is that our dev site is in English and the site of our customer is in Dutch. 

I started testing this further. Created two temporary site collections, one in English and the second one in Dutch. I created in both site collections 2 lists. The second list has a lookup column "LookupColumn" to the Id of the first list. 

 

Please find attached two screenshots. When you take a look at both of them, you can see that there is an error in the first patch function to the site collection in Dutch. The second is to a site collection in English. 
 
Thanks in advance, to the one who can help me further! 
 
 
 
Thanks in advance for the one who can help me!
5 REPLIES 5
Jeff_Thorpe
Super User
Super User

This could just be a typo but you are missing the double quote (") at the beginning of #Microsoft.......

 

If it is just a typo and you do have #Microsoft...... surrounded by double quotes the try using Value() with varOrderID  for example: Value(varOrderID)



--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If this post helps answer your question, please click on “Accept as Solution” to help other members find it more quickly. If you thought this post was helpful, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Thanks Jeff, but my problem is not resolved yet. It is really strange that the patch function works when the SharePoint site is in English. Even when I had tested it in the other tenant. When the site is in Dutch, the patch function doesn't work anymore. 

 

Did you ever find a solution, i have the same issue with the site language being in Dutch.

dENNtoetert
Advocate I
Advocate I

Same issue here! There is a problem if the Sharepoint site language is dutch. You can't patch a column that is type of LookUp

 

It will tell you that:

Invalid argument type. Expecting a Record value, but of a different schema.
Missing column. Your formula is missing a column 'Id' with a type of 'Number'.

Please fix!

Hi!


No, I have not been able to find a solution. Will be a bug. I couldn't do anything else than, start over with a new site collection made in English.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

secondImage

Demo Extravaganza is Back!

We are excited to announce that Demo Extravaganza for 2021 has started!

MBAS on Demand

Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions

On-demand access to all the great content presented by the product teams and community members! #MSBizAppsSummit #CommunityRocks

Power Apps June 2021

June Power Apps Community Call

Don't miss the call this month on June 16th - 8a PDT

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (61,690)