cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Frequent Visitor

Patch a vlookup ID coulmn in Sharepoint

Hi everyone,

I'm pretty new in Powerapps, I created a Sharepoint List called "Overview" that has a 'Request ID' indexed column.
I also created "Order" contains vlookup to 'Request ID' in Overview list.

How do I vlookup ID from Overview to Order list After submit a form which generated from 'Order' list?

Note that the 'Request ID' is a lookup column to 'Request ID' in Overview list and not show in form.

Any help would be appriciated

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @Thai_Nguyen ,

Do you mean that:
1)you use this form to create a new item in  Order list(without  Request ID column)?

2)after you update Order list, you create a new item in Overview list with the form's data?

3)after you update Overview list, you will update Request ID column in Oder list with the related Request ID column in Overview list?

If so, I suggest you use this formula in your submit button's OnSelect:

SubmitForm(Form1);
Patch(Overview,Defaults(Overview),{....});
//the data that you want to update Overview list
Patch(Order,Last(Order),{'Request ID';:{Value:Last(Overview).'Request ID',Id:Last(Overview).ID}})

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Phoebe Liu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Thai_Nguyen ,

Do you mean that :

1)Overview list:  'Request ID' (number type)?

2)Order list:  'Request ID' is a lookup column(looks up to 'Request ID'  in Overview list)?

Could you describe more clearly about this sentence: "How do I vlookup ID from Overview to Order list After submit a form which generated from 'Order' list?"?

I do not quite understand the meaning of "vlookup".

I suggest you list an example to describe.

Showing  screenshoot about this issue will also help a lot.

Best regards,

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi @v-yutliu-msft ,

Thank you for your response.

I have a Overview Sharepoint list which contains Request ID column (indexed column)

I created an form to input information to Order list which has lookup column Request ID (lookup to Request ID column in Overview List).

Currently, when I click the submit button, a record will be created in Overview list with a Request ID and the information of form all input into Order list.

The thing I want to archive here is fill the corresponding Request ID in Overview list to Order list?

Hi @Thai_Nguyen ,

Do you mean that:
1)you use this form to create a new item in  Order list(without  Request ID column)?

2)after you update Order list, you create a new item in Overview list with the form's data?

3)after you update Overview list, you will update Request ID column in Oder list with the related Request ID column in Overview list?

If so, I suggest you use this formula in your submit button's OnSelect:

SubmitForm(Form1);
Patch(Overview,Defaults(Overview),{....});
//the data that you want to update Overview list
Patch(Order,Last(Order),{'Request ID';:{Value:Last(Overview).'Request ID',Id:Last(Overview).ID}})

Best regards,

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
News & Announcements

Community Blog

Stay up tp date on the latest blogs and activities in the community News & Announcements.

Power Apps Community Call

Power Apps Community Call- January

Mark your calendars and join us for the next Power Apps Community Call on January 20th, 8a PST

PP Bootcamp Carousel

Global Power Platform Bootcamp

Dive into the Power Platform stack with hands-on sessions and labs, virtually delivered to you by experts and community leaders.

secondImage

Power Platform Community Conference On Demand

Watch Nick Doelman's session from the 2020 Power Platform Community Conference on demand!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,904)